+ Reply to Thread
Page 541 of 599 FirstFirst ... 41 441 491 531 539 540 541 542 543 551 591 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Also, I've been to Denver. You know what one of the places I went to was? A Steelers bar. In Denver. A bar with Steelers memorabilia all over the place. Needless to say, we don't have any Broncos bars here. And I talked to dozens of people while I was there, most of them at the game, that told me that while the Broncos were their favorite team, the Steelers were their "2nd favorite." Ask people around here who their 2nd favorite team is and you're gonna get laughed at.
    Yup - even one of our resident Donkey fans (just last playoffs) went with the "well my Donkeys are out so time to go with MY Ravens"....right LBB? One of the many reasons why I get a chuckle out of Denver team/area fans...they are so used to getting bent over by real franchises that they either (a) celebrate 1st round playoff wins like they are Superbowl victories, or (b) immediately switch to their second fav team because its pretty much a given that the main one (Donkeys) are going to choke. Same thought process can be applied to all the teams in that area.

All of those fans are still better than Fetal though....has anyone heard from Fetal since that cold breeze named Seattle destroyed them? Rhetorical question there....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Yup - even one of our resident Donkey fans (just last playoffs) went with the "well my Donkeys are out so time to go with MY Ravens"....right LBB? One of the many reasons why I get a chuckle out of Denver team/area fans...they are so used to getting bent over by real franchises that they either (a) celebrate 1st round playoff wins like they are Superbowl victories, or (b) immediately switch to their second fav team because its pretty much a given that the main one (Donkeys) are going to choke. Same thought process can be applied to all the teams in that area.

All of those fans are still better than Fetal though....has anyone heard from Fetal since that cold breeze named Seattle destroyed them? Rhetorical question there....
    Aww, take it easy on him.

Do you realize that these Niner " fans " go to bed every night with their hopes and dreams of Super Bowl rings this year? They took their hitch off the Alex Smith wagon and quickly attached it to the Kap wagon, without missing a bandwagoning beat. The only problem is they woke up Monday morning having to accept the fact that they are now the third best team in their own division.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Speaking of da Burgh...only less than a point of productive offense over last year, I think, and only 35 sacks this year, 42 in 2011, 43 in 2010, 50 in 2009 and 49 in 2008... I'd say he hit the ground a few less times... unless he gets railed 7 times in the last game...which is possible I guess he will have had a good season. The number one overall defense.....and they're not going to the play-offs....what gives??..can you say CHOKE!!! Yeah..and to teams that suk balls. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they lost to Cleveland this week. Might as well. Might get a better draft spot. This could and should be the 1st losing season with Tomlin as head coach. Next Year.....

yea...I wont let it die...evvveeeerrrrr!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Heath and Pouncey to the Pro-Bowl..Timmons got robbed imho. I dont really care, never watched a Pro-Bowl game I think. Just posting more Burgh info to agitate the haters....hahaha...

king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Fishy you are using skewed statistics in regards to Ponder. I believe if you take out the first 4 games of the season, when he was doing alright, he's been statistically the worst QB in the NFL not playing in Arizona. Worse than Sanchez, worse than the carousel in Kansas City...EVERYONE knows AP is getting the ball.

Besides, Peyton came to a playoff team. They made the playoffs...with Tim f'ing Tebow. They were obviously already pretty good. Minnesota would be about a 2 or 3 win team without AP. THAT says MVP to me.

And honestly, I'd give it to Brady or Rodgers over Peyton as well. Peyton can have come back player of the year I guess, although that should be Peterson's as well.
    Wally Wallington on the possibility that the Egyptians had advanced technology, which has since been lost, to help with the construction of the pyramids:

I think it is exciting that they were so advanced they could make mechanical stone cutting machines that made the stone look exactly like hand carved stone
    Have you tried life in HiFi yet?
    http://www.lifeinhifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
    Peyton came to a playoff team. They made the playoffs...with Tim f'ing Tebow. They were obviously already pretty good. Minnesota would be about a 2 or 3 win team without AP. THAT says MVP to me.
    This. The MVP award is supposed to go to the guy who is most valuable to their team. Take Peyton out of Denver, and they are still a playoff team. Take AP out of Minnesota, and they MIGHT win one game. Like Duval said, everybody knows AP is getting the ball, and he is still putting up ridiculous numbers. Not to mention the fact that today's NFL is specifically designed for QBs to put up big numbers. And while Manning is having a great year, it's nowhere near record-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    The only reason Pittsburgh has fans all over the country is because nobody actually decides to live in that ****hole.
    Pittsburgh is one of my favorite cities. Have you ever been there?

I know Im biased, but jairus byrd should be in the pro bowl. How do the Chiefs have 4 pro bowlers and the Bills get none?

Spiller and Byrd should be in IMO.

If you measure teams by any metric it was literally a miracle that Denver made the Playoffs last year, they won half their games on last second FG's. That hardly constitutes a good team, they were 8-8 and made the Playoffs due to tiebreakers.

If you use the si.com by the numbers metric Denver was a bottom 5 team last year and now they are the #1 team, that sure as hell is a bigger impact than anything Peterson has done this season.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

+ Reply to Thread