+ Reply to Thread
Page 530 of 599 FirstFirst ... 30 430 480 520 528 529 530 531 532 540 580 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

* wipes tears *

Quote Originally Posted by Beer4Breakfast View Post
    The Cards actually picked up Hoyer the other day. Supposedly he already has a solid grasp on the playbook. /shrug

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...b-0a2e03f54578
    lol now that's Ironic isn't is? Well - I don't think he'll be there after this year but maybe they could trade Hoyer back to the Pats along with some picks??? Kevin Kolb trade part deux?? Hopefully they won't win another game - so they can be in play for a young QB. (Tyler Bray) Draft one and bring back my boy Kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    I enjoy when there are back-n-forths about teams that you don't hear about every single day of the week.

I like a lot of the guys the Cardinals have, especially on defense. I'm a huge Peterson fan; I just love watching that guy play the position.

I'm also a big fan of Rob Housler. I think he's another guy that is loaded with talent, but obviously they need to get that QB situation figured out. Having a poor offensive line doesn't help, but like it was said, it can't all be blamed on the big men. Kolb isn't bad, but I don't think he's the guy that's going to take you on a playoff run, especially in that division. What's awesome about that division is, a couple years ago, it was by far the weakest in football, now not only is it one of the fastest improving divisions, it's already one of the toughest.
    Yessur. That's what the basis of this thread was originally supposed to be. I wanted to give other teams a chance to shine and to show a vast array of football knowledge. I wish more people would step up that have a team that doesn't get any love. To be honest - I'm more intrigued by teams that aren't any good - just b/c they are candidates for coaching staff changes and high draft picks. Which is by far my favorite things.

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough. Gonna be gettin buck ****in wild at Heinz Field. Playoffs start NOW!

Megatron 4 yards away from the record books....

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Tomorrow can't get here soon enough. Gonna be gettin buck ****in wild at Heinz Field. Playoffs start NOW!
    lol how many times have you mentioned this game? I almost know your whole life story on this game....Your girl surprised you on a night out on the town. She picked you up at like 7:30 b/c y'all were headed out to the uptown district (I think it's called Towel Town) for a night of drinking and dancing. You were wearing slacks and a button up shirt with Steeler socks. She was wearing a gown. She dropped down on bended and knee and asked "Would you like to...go to the game on the 23rd?"...You screamed out "Like a man - of course"-RGIII - "YES I WOULD LOVE TO!!!" - Crown...Y'all had a long embrace - then you rushed to this thread to share your experience....Life is good --- haha

Man the Lions are tightening up on the Falcons....I tried to warn you guys that the Lions were fools gold from last year. They didn't beat a team with a winning record last year on their way to 10 wins. The Lions seem like an easy fix though.

There #1 priority is a top flight corner. Sure thought they were going to get Janoris Jenkins at the end of the first rd.

I also think they could use an explosive running back...I'm not sure on their starting LB's. I like Tulloch. Deandre Levy might need to be replaced. I like Durant too. All three guys are super small though. But that's the type of scheme they run. Which was always weird to me. Small LB's in a wide 9 scheme?!?! I like Louis Delmas a lot! Dude is a big time hitter with range. The other safety spot needs and upgrade...The line is overrated though. I think Suh is not as good as he's been made out to be. His first year was great. But the subsequent years have been mediocre. I heard his work ethic is trash...Van Den Bosh is done. Cliff Avril is a good player on the edge - but he wants BIG $$$. Corey Williams and Nick Fairley are good roational players on the inside...The biggest thing I see is, they remind of the Oakland Raiders. No discipline. They usually have penalties out the wazoo. They beat themselves quite a bit.

The offense is loaded at receiver when full strength. Burleson, Broyles, Mike Thomas, Titus Young (Undisclipined) and Megatron is a deep lineup. Scheffler and Pettigrew at TE is crazy as well...I like Leshoure and Joique Bell at RB - but only as rotational players. If they had a #1 guy that could rip off 20yd explosive plays - it would open up that passing game even more. Eddie Lacy out of Bama would be a nice choice in the 2nd rd if he makes it. I'd like to see Michael Dyer formerly of Auburn get a look too in the mid rounds if he's available.....Any Lions Fans?

The offense is pretty much loaded when at full strength.

Props to Atlanta's own - Megatron Johnson! Good stuff man. Jerry Rice is gracious as hell too...Hopefully Adrian Peterson can get that rushing record. the 2007 draft would have two record holders!

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    lol how many times have you mentioned this game? I almost know your whole life story on this game....Your girl surprised you on a night out on the town. She picked you up at like 7:30 b/c y'all were headed out to the uptown district (I think it's called Towel Town) for a night of drinking and dancing. You were wearing slacks and a button up shirt with Steeler socks. She was wearing a gown. She dropped down on bended and knee and asked "Would you like to...go to the game on the 23rd?"...You screamed out "Like a man - of course"-RGIII - "YES I WOULD LOVE TO!!!" - Crown...Y'all had a long embrace - then you rushed to this thread to share your experience....Life is good --- haha
    Hahahahaha too funny bro! But life is not good. Life is mother ****ing great. Lol I know I am probably getting annoying as hell with it, but it's too big of a game, with too much on the line for me to not be pumped bro! Actually one of the things I'm looking forward to seeing the most is watching AJ Green play live. Excited to see how Kenan Lewis matches up with him, as I don't think Ike will be back this week. Lewis has been one of the unsung heroes of this team this year, and has tons of potential. I also want to see how Decastro looks. Last week was pretty much the first NFL football of his career, and I am curious to see how he looks live, and against the Bengals' defensive front. He was drafted to be a franchise lineman. Even tho I'm sure they were absolutely shocked to see him available when they went in the clock in the first round this past draft(like they probably were when Mike Adams was still around when their 2nd round pick came up. Although Adams was passed up on due to questionable character issues. I was surprised they even drafted him with how this franchise is when it comes to that, tho him personally calling them and asking to be drafted probably helped). And with the literally unbelievable injury problem that O Line has had over the last few years, I was ready to puke when Decastro got rolled up on in the first preseason game of the year. The fact that he is even playing this year is pretty remarkable.
    Last edited by Straight_Crown; 12-23-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    After just one game in the NFL...... Do you think Kirk Cousins

could start somewhere else?
    The Skins aren't going to do that....Cousins is the best insurance policy for RG III and he's cheap...Not until year 3 or 4 they would move him unless the offer was absurd which I don't think it would be at this point

+ Reply to Thread