+ Reply to Thread
Page 478 of 599 FirstFirst ... 378 428 468 476 477 478 479 480 488 528 578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Von ain't on no PEDs.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Von ain't on no PEDs.
    Come on man. You can never be sure on that. Just because he's your guy, don't discount the chances that a "freak of nature" like player may have a little, ehem....help. I personally wouldn't be surprised if Rob Gronkowski got busted for them. That dude is monsterous and fast, like Miller

But still, I think Watt will get nailed pretty soon. I am getting some SERIOUS Shawn Merriman / Bill Rominowski like vibes from that guy

Sorry d3murf, yeah, I'm high beyond belief! thought it was the other way around...pwnd?

Or, this was just a not so elaborate attempt to get you back in here!

guess we'll never know...

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Come on man. You can never be sure on that. Just because he's your guy, don't discount the chances that a "freak of nature" like player may have a little, ehem....help. I personally wouldn't be surprised if Rob Gronkowski got busted for them. That dude is monsterous and fast, like Miller

But still, I think Watt will get nailed pretty soon. I am getting some SERIOUS Shawn Merriman / Bill Rominowski like vibes from that guy
    Unless Von has been taking them since college I find it very unlikely he is on them. Denver tested him out as the best all around athlete in the 2011 draft, better than Cam, Peterson, Green or anybody, the guy is freakishly athletic.

The dip move he pulled off last night isn't something that PEDs enhance, it's just a physical gift to be able to bend your body while gaining not losing any speed.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-suspension/

Broncos linebacker Von Miller is a candidate for the NFL’s defensive player of the year award. But if he’s not careful, he may soon be a candidate for a suspension as well.

The NFL has confirmed that Miller was fined $25,000 for striking Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman below the knee area last week. Miller, who was given a 15-yard penalty for that hit on Freeman, has now been fined enough times for illegal hits that he risks the NFL deciding that fines just aren’t getting the message through to him, and that suspensions are next.

Among Miller’s other fines: He was fined $21,000 for a hit on Cam Newton last month. He was fined $7,500 for a late hit against the Patriots in the playoffs in January. He was fined $25,000 for a hit on Mark Sanchez in November of 2011. And he was fined $15,000 for a hit on Carson Palmer in November of 2011.

That’s five fines in Miller’s last 24 games. The NFL has made clear that it will suspend repeat offenders if fines aren’t getting the point across, and Miller now appears to be a prime candidate for one of those suspensions.

The good news for Miller is that when the NFL fined Ravens safety Ed Reed for his third helmet-to-helmet hit of the last three seasons, Reed won his appeal. But that doesn’t mean the NFL is done handing out suspensions for repeated illegal hits. A suspension of Miller would be a huge blow to the Broncos, but if he keeps racking up fines, a suspension is coming.

Goodell showing how to block Von Miller....multiple fines and the inevitable suspension for playing football the way it is supposed to be played. I really don't like Goodell ....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

^^^ I don't know, I really don't have a problem with it. There's no reason defenders should be hitting QB's in the head like that.

As far as the low hits, it's hard to blame the defender, but that is a dangerous tackle. I love seeing big hits too, but I don't have a problem promoting safety. I'd rather not hear about guys with brain damage and career ending (or even life threatening) injuries just to entertain me with a bone-crushing hit to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    No what takes Denver out of their groove is having to play Manny Ramirez in place of Chris Kuper.

If extra rest would take them out of their groove it would have happened during their bye week, coming of the comeback against San Diego scoring 35 points in the 2nd half into the bye was a worry, then they came out and owned the Saints.

The extra rest is needed to get Kuper & Woodyard healthy.
    Well they only won that 1 game before their bye week, the rest have been post by week, and they've clearly gotten into a groove since then.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    ^^^ I don't know, I really don't have a problem with it. There's no reason defenders should be hitting QB's in the head like that.

As far as the low hits, it's hard to blame the defender, but that is a dangerous tackle. I love seeing big hits too, but I don't have a problem promoting safety. I'd rather not hear about guys with brain damage and career ending (or even life threatening) injuries just to entertain me with a bone-crushing hit to the head.

Well they only won that 1 game before their bye week, the rest have been post by week, and they've clearly gotten into a groove since then.
    You don't find it coincidental that you don't hear of brain damage until these guys run out of money? For every legit case out there (see Seau) there are 9 more former players just wanting one more piece of the pie that is the NFL. I have no problem with guys prior to the free agency period wanting the league to help them with their physical ailments. After the free agency era began and the huge explosion in money I get a little confused on why said players from that point forward didn't spend more time with the money they had making sure they had their own health care. And that is AFTER they got out of the league where they had multiple on call doctors to handle every problem they ever had.

Bottom line for me is each football players KNOWS heading in what the end results are, but they gladly do it because of the fame/glory/riches. Fining some LB like Miller and then starting down the suspension path because he's doing his job because of a pending lawsuite doesn't sit right with me.

This is more about money then it is about those former players health. In my eyes a lot of the guys jumping on this lawsuite bandwagon are just there for a money grab...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-suspension/

Broncos linebacker Von Miller is a candidate for the NFL’s defensive player of the year award. But if he’s not careful, he may soon be a candidate for a suspension as well.

The NFL has confirmed that Miller was fined $25,000 for striking Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman below the knee area last week. Miller, who was given a 15-yard penalty for that hit on Freeman, has now been fined enough times for illegal hits that he risks the NFL deciding that fines just aren’t getting the message through to him, and that suspensions are next.

Among Miller’s other fines: He was fined $21,000 for a hit on Cam Newton last month. He was fined $7,500 for a late hit against the Patriots in the playoffs in January. He was fined $25,000 for a hit on Mark Sanchez in November of 2011. And he was fined $15,000 for a hit on Carson Palmer in November of 2011.

That’s five fines in Miller’s last 24 games. The NFL has made clear that it will suspend repeat offenders if fines aren’t getting the point across, and Miller now appears to be a prime candidate for one of those suspensions.

The good news for Miller is that when the NFL fined Ravens safety Ed Reed for his third helmet-to-helmet hit of the last three seasons, Reed won his appeal. But that doesn’t mean the NFL is done handing out suspensions for repeated illegal hits. A suspension of Miller would be a huge blow to the Broncos, but if he keeps racking up fines, a suspension is coming.

Goodell showing how to block Von Miller....multiple fines and the inevitable suspension for playing football the way it is supposed to be played. I really don't like Goodell ....
    I think it all goes to show Millers rampant use of PED's. He knows not to hit guys below the knees or in the head, he doesn't want to, but he's going so damn fast, he can't stop himself

This is proof fish. Irrefutable!!!!............yeah

Quote Originally Posted by goordie View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-will-be-fired

So there is talk about Spanos already deciding that Norv Turner & AJ Smith would be fired, but now he is denying it, saying just a rumor.

They will probably get fired still, but damn that drama must be killing ya... ayy OC?
    I'm ever hopeful.

Sunday can't get here soon enough!

+ Reply to Thread