+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 599 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Brown has fumbling issues. Until he proves he can hold onto the ball, McCoy is the safer bet in Philly
    Not if they play McCoy sparingly, especially because their season is in the crapper. I could see them wanting to rest Shady and see what all they have in Brown...Fumbling issues are not that big of a deal in fantasy football, dude has racked me up a tooon of points in just 2 weeks, like 50+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers:

"In his weekly press conference today, Coach Tomlin said Ben Roethlisberger is improving, but Charlie Batch is the starter at this point."
    Kind of injury Ben has he needs to stay out another two to three weeks in my opinion. This isn't toughing your way through some kind of ankle sprain or something along those lines. This is literally something that can kill you if it gets hit just right in the weakened state it is in. Personally if I'm management above Ben I tell him "IF" we make playoffs we'll see where you are at....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Kind of injury Ben has he needs to stay out another two to three weeks in my opinion. This isn't toughing your way through some kind of ankle sprain or something along those lines. This is literally something that can kill you if it gets hit just right in the weakened state it is in. Personally if I'm management above Ben I tell him "IF" we make playoffs we'll see where you are at....
    I certainly know that rib injuries of any kind hurt like hell. I couldnt imagine playing football with one.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Yeah this video is pretty sweet. But you have to go to a game to see the sweetest of the Steeler videos. When the jumbotron goes black in the second half, and you hear Renegade start to play, man you have to be damn near dead not to get pumped. Especially if it's a close game. They seem to always find the perfect time to play it too. That stadium goes absolutely nuts and you can just see the guys out there on D immediately get fired up. Anyone who's ever been to a game since they started doing this knows exactly what I'm talking about.
    I went to the Steelers playoff games a couple years ago against the Ravens and Jets and even being a Steeler hater, I got goosebumps the first time Renegade played and they showed that video. I had no idea it was a regular thing. The crowd went ****ing bonkers.

I just finished this book and consider it a must read for any die hard NFL fan, especially fans of the Steelers or Raiders as they are prominently featured throughout the book. Its a phenomenal read and a great look at how ****ing crazy the game was during the 70's.

Pretty funny how in the first few weeks of the season almost everybody proclaimed the NFC to be a much stronger conference.

Now that we are in the final quarter of the season the AFC has 3 of the top 5 teams in the league right?

The 49ers have QB questions, the Bears defense is basically awesome or trash and it all depends on turnovers, the Giants can beat any team and lose to any team in a 2 week span, the Packers defense is not good at all.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Pretty funny how in the first few weeks of the season almost everybody proclaimed the NFC to be a much stronger conference.

Now that we are in the final quarter of the season the AFC has 3 of the top 5 teams in the league right?

The 49ers have QB questions, the Bears defense is basically awesome or trash and it all depends on turnovers, the Giants can beat any team and lose to any team in a 2 week span, the Packers defense is not good at all.
    Plus the Falcons are still an unknown commodity come playoff time. They have a great regular season record right now, but the collective winning percentage of their opponents is a ridiculously low .389. Not their fault, they can only play who they got, but you still have to wait and see on them

If I'm placing a vegas bet on conference to win the superbowl, I would go AFC right now. Texans, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Colts > 49ers, Falcons, Packers, Giants, Bears, Seahawks. Especially when you remember it's a quarterback league. NFC has Rogers and Eli and not much else. AFC side? You have Brady, Manning, Rothlisberger, and Luck
    Last edited by PatSox; 12-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Yep, also all the AFC teams have defenses except the Colts, but the Colts aren't beating anybody in the Playoffs anyways.

Giants defense is so hot and cold, the Packers defense can only play against the Bears garbage o line, the Bears defense is boom or bust, for quite a awhile the top AFC teams have played well on defense with a few playing crazy good.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

No shocker here... Quarterback play matters. The Broncos currently rank 1st in the NFL in both offensive and defensive Total QBR. With Peyton Manning and the defense firing on all cylinders, Denver is enjoying the largest advantage in quarterback play of any team over the last 5 seasons.
    Last part is crazy.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

+ Reply to Thread