+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 599 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by LiddellBback View Post
    Thats fantastic company to be in! Only thing I will say is that, Watt, you dont hear his name as much as you did in the first 4 or 5 games..Von, shows up every game, every down..It really is phenomenal to watch him progress, its been a long time since a talent like him was drafted to Denver, and then blossomed into such a great player...Last one that comes to mind is Ryan Clady.

Player goes to defensive rookie of the year, to potentially defensive MVP. Thats ****in' awesome. No fluke season, no sophomore slump, but shear badassery.
    Von is basically unblockable. He's playing like Lawrence Taylor and every team knows it.

The crazy thing about Von is a game like yesterday when he was double teamed on basically almost every play and he dominates like no other player in the league.

I'd be willing to say that not only is he the best defensive player in the NFL, he could very well be the best player period.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    The crazy thing about Von is a game like yesterday when he was double teamed on basically almost every play and he dominates like no other player in the league.

I'd be willing to say that not only is he the best defensive player in the NFL, he could very well be the best player period.
    My god, you're the worsttttttt. Get off his nuts for the love of god

Go **** off, wow I talk up a player that we see maybe once in a decade.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Go **** off, wow I talk up a player that we see maybe once in a decade.
    You do the same thing with Peyton every other day dude... You act like the Broncos are underdogs or something. They clearly are not

Ed Reed suspended 1 game... for playing football...no wonder why the NFL is a passing league now bc its for ****ing pussies.

McGahee pretty much out for the year. Hillman and Ball can probably do well as a replacement tandem - what do you guys think? Not sure how they all compare in pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    McGahee pretty much out for the year. Hillman and Ball can probably do well as a replacement tandem - what do you guys think? Not sure how they all compare in pass protection.
    Dam, you're breaking this news for me

Been very vocal in support of him all year, loved that guy's attitude and running style. Hillman is #2 on the depthchart, he's a spread type of RB, which should work great with our zoneblocking. I've him on my bench all year in all of my leagues, I figured this situation would occur at some point. Give Hillman enough touches, and he'll be a game changer and once he finds himself, he might even be better than Willis overall for our offense. His cut back ability should work wonders in our scheme....He's probably going to do above and beyond what we drafted Moreno to come in and do.

And Ball, is one of the best pass catching RBs in the league, its the ONLY reason why he was kept on the roster, because his hands are so much better than an average RB, he's worth the roster spot. His pass protection is pretty solid as well, he's a very stout lil guy and a smart player. Plays should be about 65% Hillman and 35% Ball. Although I could see us pounding the football early with Ball because he's very durable, we'll probably work Hillman in like we've been doing, only the process will be sped up about 2x. Hillman is also one hell of a catcher, SO many options with him, but like I said he's not a very big guy. Fox up until this point, has slowly increased his work load from basically nothing in game 1 to 12 carries and 4 catches in the most recent game. Fox played it perfectly and now Hillman is primed become the feature back, while Ball in his own right can keep the ship sailing.

Sorry Willis, *Mile High Salute*
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 11-19-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Plaxico Burress meeting with the Steelers, and from the reports I've read, it seems pretty likely they sign him. Which sucks in a way because that means either AB or Cotchery probably won't be returning any time soon. AB is a huge part of their offense and Cotchery is one of, if not the best #4 receiver in the league. For a guy that doesn't see many snaps, he makes some big time grabs.

Plaxico may be what they need tho. A big, tall receiver that can go up for the ball. With Leftwich suffering 2 broken ribs last night, and Batch now the starter, I would imagine they would go out and grab a free agent QB as well. I wonder what McNabb is up to these days?

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Alex Smith...

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

+ Reply to Thread