+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 599 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    What are you talking about? The Chiefs played their best? Dropped passes and only 290 total yards + Cassel choking, a missed chip shot FG and tons of stupid penalties. The Chiefs defense played well but killed themselves with the flags.

That was the worst offensive game the Chiefs have had this year. The worst. Least amount of 1st downs and least yardage. Be happy the Steelers were able to win but please don't pretend this was the Chiefs showing up and playing their best ball. If they played anywhere near their best they get a W and win that game going away.

Its okay to be bummed about Ben but lets keep some reality in the conversation.
    I see...so all those other games with multiple turnovers in great weather were just an aberration and this one with no turnovers until that last pick in crap weather is their usual stuff, right? Reality is that Romeo realized his job was on the line and finally threatened some guys and just threw onto the fire the added bonus that they were playing against Haley and suddenly we have the Superbowl Chiefs out there going coo coo for cocoa puffs.

Bottom line is the Chiefs were way over their heads last night but still failed. And because of their efforts much like last year with the Browns the Steelers get to feel the brunt of it with our QB either out or not going to be 100% against the real teams.

Thanks...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    I see...so all those other games with multiple turnovers in great weather were just an aberration and this one with no turnovers until that last pick in crap weather is their usual stuff, right? Reality is that Romeo realized his job was on the line and finally threatened some guys and just threw onto the fire the added bonus that they were playing against Haley and suddenly we have the Superbowl Chiefs out there going coo coo for cocoa puffs.

Bottom line is the Chiefs were way over their heads last night but still failed. And because of their efforts much like last year with the Browns the Steelers get to feel the brunt of it with our QB either out or not going to be 100% against the real teams.

Thanks...
    You're sputtering nonsense and making no sense. The Chiefs had two turnovers last night and again, their WORST offensive showing of the year. Get over yourself and this foolish fallacy that last nights game was some amazing Chiefs performance.

Crennel and Pioli are both getting fired and last night wasn't going to do anything to change that. The Chiefs played poorly and almost won - end of story. Ben getting hurt was just football and nothing else.

Whining about a victory is one thing but stick to the truth if you are going to do it.

huge game for Denver this Sunday, with a win they basically lock up the AFC West and can focus on earning the bye.

Gates worries me, but outside of him the Chargers lack playmakers and the way Denver's defense is playing I don't see anybody else hurting them.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

The team fears it’s “pretty significant,” according to Ed Werder of ESPN.
    Big Ben ^

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Man what a brutal week for QBs, Smith, Ben, Vick, Cutler all out and probably out for a couple weeks at least. Hell Peyton trying to slide made me hold my breathe for a while also, sometimes you just get lucky.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Von Miller on Sunday, he had 6 tackles, none of the plays he got tackles on netted a single yard, total of the 6 plays yardage was -15.

It's crazy that in almost any year 3 different defensive players would be absolute locks for defensive player of the year, that's going to be a battle from here on out.

Right now I'd rank them Watt, Miller, then Tillman. I think if Miller reaches 17 or 18 sacks he'll end up winning it, he also leads the league in tackles for loss.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Man what a brutal week for QBs, Smith, Ben, Vick, Cutler all out and probably out for a couple weeks at least. Hell Peyton trying to slide made me hold my breathe for a while also, sometimes you just get lucky.
    That was the best part of that whole feature espn does of the players and coaches in game conversation. Fox telling Manning, "Next time you feel like running the ball, throw it instead."

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    huge game for Denver this Sunday, with a win they basically lock up the AFC West and can focus on earning the bye.

Gates worries me, but outside of him the Chargers lack playmakers and the way Denver's defense is playing I don't see anybody else hurting them.
    Gaither is still hurting and we will have a lot of trouble protecting Rivers. Plus, even with protection, Rivers is playing sporadically and can't stop himself from turning the ball over. Meachem is a huge bust, you'll be able to stop Floyd and I can't see Danario Alexander or Royal having a big game. We abandon the run very early under Norv ball so where does that leave us? We need perfect special teams play and to force 2-3 turnovers to have a chance. Tough to force turnovers when your defense takes zero chances and tries to keep everything in front of them.

I see us losing 31-17.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Gaither is still hurting and we will have a lot of trouble protecting Rivers. Plus, even with protection, Rivers is playing sporadically and can't stop himself from turning the ball over. Meachem is a huge bust, you'll be able to stop Floyd and I can't see Danario Alexander or Royal having a big game. We abandon the run very early under Norv ball so where does that leave us? We need perfect special teams play and to force 2-3 turnovers to have a chance. Tough to force turnovers when your defense takes zero chances and tries to keep everything in front of them.

I see us losing 31-17.
    I would be worried about Matthews, but I don't think the Chargers line is good enough to open holes consistently for him. I'm not worried about special teams at all, Denver is clearly better there especially with Holliday's big play threat, Denver's coverage units are excellent.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Also one has to think Cam Newton is thanking god everyday that he only has to play against Von Miller once every 4 years, Von clearly took it personally that Cam was drafted ahead of him last year.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

+ Reply to Thread