+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 599 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by LiddellBback View Post
    But have NO future? Dude, come on, that is absolutely incorrect and you absolutely know it. We're one of the younger teams in the league, have a great coaching duo in Fox/Del Rio and talent on both sides of the ball that after Manning leaves, will know how and what it takes to win on a high level. Our future is brighter than that worlds brightest flashlight app for smartphones.

Again, I'm not trying to "get you", but it always seems to come down to you trying to knock the Broncos and Manning down a notch and even the compliments you give, seem backhanded with an agenda.
    Or maybe you guys read too much into what I'm saying - let's make this simple:

If Manning gets injured right now and cannot come back (a very real scenario given his age) where does that leave your team? Now and in the future? Yah..up sh@t creek with a rattlesnake for a paddle. And before you get all bow'd up that is the same scenario every GM/Owner has to play out in their head when they are setting up for a franchise type QB. Problem for Denver is that with Manning and all they did to get him and the money they are paying him all the eggs are in that basket. And those eggs need to hatch now or it is considered a failure. Now take Manning away and put in Luck - sure people still want the big prize but because he is a rookie and coming into his own, the fan base and sportswriters will forgive a year or two of less than Superbowl because he is still figuring it out while still giving hope for the future (a decade plus of future).

If I'm Elway and they show up on my doorstep with a Luck for Manning right now trade I would have the contract signed before the last word was out their mouth. Because I would know that I just secured my team's NOW and FUTURE for the next decade. And somewhere in there would be a ring or two with how the QB elite will be leaving the game soon.

Luck is having a better season that Cam's last year. He will have a sophmore slump and then he will dominate. Colts move was genius - not only did they avoid a whole Favre situation that was going to happen, but they secured their future for the next decade with an elite QB.

For Denver it is this year or next or its a bust.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

So the fact that if Brock went back to school he would have been a top 10 pick has nothing to do with Denver's success or failure in the future? Him learning how to play the position from 2 of the 5 greatest QBs of all time means literally nothing?

By the way Peyton signed a 5 yes 5 year deal, this isn't this year and next, it's at least 3 as per the actual terms of the contract that was signed, but once again don't let facts get in the way of a dumb ass opinion.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    So the fact that if Brock went back to school he would have been a top 10 pick has nothing to do with Denver's success or failure in the future? Him learning how to play the position from 2 of the 5 greatest QBs of all time means literally nothing?

By the way Peyton signed a 5 yes 5 year deal, this isn't this year and next, it's at least 3 as per the actual terms of the contract that was signed, but once again don't let facts get in the way of a dumb ass opinion.
    Sigh. Still shortsighted aren't you? If Manning goes out right now, do you really think Brock is going to step in and lead you to a title? Survey says: X and XX and then XXX. Hell no. All your hopes are on Manning doing it either this year or next or its over. Right now they are riding the wave of Manning and that short passing attack but once you get out of the AFC West and run into the teams that have already kicked your @ss and people figure out that the Broncos aren't going to win that big one then its dealing with fallout time. And I can tell you right now...if there are a couple years of failures Manning will eject from that scene and call it a career. And then your team is really in the crap because you still won't have a QB ready to go (no playing time for Brock right now and let's be real...he isn't Aaron Rodgers).

If it makes you feel any better...Ben is younger than Peyton but because of the damage he has taken won't have as long a career....my squad is in the same boat. No Ben....cancel Christmas because its over. And we don't really have a backup plan either. So its all Ben or nothing. Which really confuses me that it took until this year for them to start focusing on that O-line to protect him...

So calm down Fishy...I understood why Elway did what he did. But to sit back and say you wouldn't take Luck after what we are seeing from him and secure your teams next decade of football hopes instead of praying for this year or next....is very shortsighted.

How is Peyton going to go down when he doesn't get hit? Seriously, it took a couple of games for the line and him to get in sync but now they are all on the same page.

His AVERAGE time snap to the ball out is 2.8 seconds, how many defensive players can beat their man and deliver a big enough hit to knock out the guy that never missed a game until he turned 35?

His contract is for either 1,3,4, or 5 years, THERE IS NO 2 YEAR OPTION, unless he retires and if he does Denver will have 2 rings for the trouble.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

The only reason we wouldn't be as successful if Manning goes down is because we do not have pro-ready Qb behind him atm, but we drafted Osweiler for the FUTURE! His physical stats are dam near identical to Manning, he's meant to take over when Mannings gone! That = planning for the future! Tebow in the long run, probably wasnt the best option, so we traded him, that = planning for the future!

How many teams go from a playoff team to mediocre if you suddenly leave them without their Quarterback?? ROV, we beat you with Tebow at QB, and then with Manning at QB in consecutive years. That to me says, well rounded team. We're also young and ONLY GETTING BETTER! The future is bright, theres a ton of teams that would be in trouble if they lost their starting QB, why is it that Denver has to be the one with no future?

What better direction could we have gone post-Tebow? We were not in a position to grab a game-changing QB in the draft and there really weren't any FA QBs with youth on their side. Manning will keep the ship sailing while the rest of our young talent learns how to play great football in the NFL. Meanwhile we're getting better with every game and Manning is too, we had a ton of adjusting to do, if anything, we'll be even better next year with this season and an entire offseason under our belt as a complete unit. Saying Denver has no future is absolutely idiotic, nobody else believes that.

Denver has a fantastic Oline, 2 pro-bowl Wrs, elite pass rusher in Von, Guys like Champ, Porter, Harris, Carter, Wolfe, DJ Williams and Doomerville...all young besides Champ...Lol our future is very bright. If we can win and make the playoffs with Tebow, we're going to be just fine with whoever is at QB, it just might take a year or 2 for him to develop.
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 11-09-2012 at 09:09 PM.

^^^
    He's got a point ROV. Brock does have a cannon, and skills, and he is getting a GREAT set up being able to be around Elway and Manning, two all time greats. Is Brock Andrew Luck? No, probably not. Luck is a once in a franchise type guy, just like Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Favre, Marino, Brees. Remember, Rodgers sat behind and learned from Brett for a while, he didnt walk in and dominate. However, to say that Brock, in 3-5, can't become the next Rodgers or Brees (Another guy who struggled early), is shortsighted. If that isn't setting up for the future, nothing is.

And the majority of Denver's skill position players are young. DT, Decker, Miller, Elvis, etc.. young guys. Denver has a very pretty looking set up going for the next several years, actually. They may not win 5 superbowls, or even one, but to say Denver and Elway arent getting the future ready... they are.

(Oh, and if you notice, the more teams win,t he more top free agents want to go there. Denver keeps winning and being close, more talent will come to help them.)

The saints... my blessed saints... wrong direction entirely.
    07/07/10.. Brock Lesnar will beat any HW he faces in the next 3 years and will retire with only one loss on his record. (was wrong about this, for sure!)

Jon Jones is the most talented d*ck tucking b*tch in UFC history! Just fight Rashad already if you're not scared like you say you are.

I see why Dmurf left this thread....I wont .......but I see the point...your all asinine.....all of you.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    I see why Dmurf left this thread....I wont .......but I see the point...your all asinine.....all of you.
    I still like you, but you referring to anyone as asinine is extremely ironic.

And save the part where you tell me you dont give a **** if I like you, if you dont like me, or you dont give a **** what I think...I've heard that one a few too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by war_spider View Post
    ^^^
    He's got a point ROV. Brock does have a cannon, and skills, and he is getting a GREAT set up being able to be around Elway and Manning, two all time greats. Is Brock Andrew Luck? No, probably not. Luck is a once in a franchise type guy, just like Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Favre, Marino, Brees. Remember, Rodgers sat behind and learned from Brett for a while, he didnt walk in and dominate. However, to say that Brock, in 3-5, can't become the next Rodgers or Brees (Another guy who struggled early), is shortsighted. If that isn't setting up for the future, nothing is.

And the majority of Denver's skill position players are young. DT, Decker, Miller, Elvis, etc.. young guys. Denver has a very pretty looking set up going for the next several years, actually. They may not win 5 superbowls, or even one, but to say Denver and Elway arent getting the future ready... they are.

(Oh, and if you notice, the more teams win,t he more top free agents want to go there. Denver keeps winning and being close, more talent will come to help them.)

The saints... my blessed saints... wrong direction entirely.
    Actually the point was would you trade your aged QB right now for Luck if you read back up. Fools stick with someone who can win right now...uh...maybe. Great franchises/GM/Owners make decisions for the long term.

Other than Aaron Rodgers on the list given previously any one of those guys who are over 30 is trade material if the Colts say here's Luck if you give us your franchise QB. Luck has taken a very bad team to 6-3 and is getting better. Sure he's going to take some lumps and most likely the record is going to fall back some. But if you see him and his skills already...you know the next decade is set if you get him.

I make the trade in a heartbeat if I'm Denver. Wouldn't even be a second thought in my mind...

Niners.

California love.

+ Reply to Thread