+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 599 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

If you were the GM of the following teams, would you trade your QB for Andrew Luck or RGIII at the END of this season?

Saints: Drew Brees, age 33 with 12 years in the NFL
    Packers: Aaron Rodgers, age 28 with 8 years in the NFL
    Broncos: Peyton Manning, age 36 with 15 years in the NFL
    Patriots: Tom Brady, age 35 with 12 years in the NFL
    Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger, age 30 with 9 years in the NFL
    Giants: Eli Manning, age 30 with 9 years in the NFL

I would definitely trade Manning and Brady for Luck because of their age and think Luck could play in those systems. I would probably trade Ben, Eli and Brees. Wouldn't trade Rodgers.

I added RGIII because some may prefer him but I don't as his game is a more dangerous sytle that could lead to long term injury and short term career.

and I would trade Rivers and ANY other player on the Chargers straight up for Luck today.

I wouldn't trade any of them except for Brees.

All of those teams have a chance to win 1 or multiple superbowls in the next 3-5 years with their current QBs, While Luck is very good right now which of those teams can win a Superbowl with him right now? The answer is none of them.

Your job as a GM doesn't last 10 years if your team is not a Superbowl team right now, unless you're AJ Smith.

I would trade Brees, because the Saints have a ton of holes that need a couple years of drafting to fix.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Jacksonville playing ugly again and besides one poor decision, Luck is ballin' again.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    Jacksonville playing ugly again and besides one poor decision, Luck is ballin' again.
    I agree, although Luck got away with a pick for sure on that bull**** roughing the passer call. And that false start on Jax when Gab like flinched his arms forward trying to draw Indy offsides is a horrible rule. Although I do love those uni's Jax wears for prime time games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    I wouldn't trade any of them except for Brees.

All of those teams have a chance to win 1 or multiple superbowls in the next 3-5 years with their current QBs, While Luck is very good right now which of those teams can win a Superbowl with him right now? The answer is none of them.

Your job as a GM doesn't last 10 years if your team is not a Superbowl team right now, unless you're AJ Smith.

I would trade Brees, because the Saints have a ton of holes that need a couple years of drafting to fix.
    Very shortsighted of you - you mean to tell me that if the Colts wanted to trade straight across Luck for Manning you wouldn't be out in the streets laughing your @ss off in celebration? The "maybe" of winning a Superbowl NOW for the Broncos is a very long shot. The odds of Luck winning a Superbowl or two in the next decade or so is much higher. Remember...he took a crap team that no one gave a chance to do anything this year and is now 6-3 with an outside shot at the playoffs. And this is his rookie year. If that team gets more talent around him (especially on defense), watch out. Another thing to note is that the list the given a few of those QB (Manning in particular) aren't going to be around much longer (gone within 2 or 3 years ...5 at most). Means Luck will be in his prime when a lot of the talent level at QB will be leaving the league.

Think long term like the Colts did and be successful for another decade. Think short term like the Bronocs and maybe (a big maybe) get a ring now but have no future....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

He asked the question as a GM, not as an owner or fan. If a GM trades 3 or 4 chances at a SB right now for the hope of a championship or 4 later he will get fired period.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

ESPN just re-ranked the top 50 players, Von Miller was ranked #7 in the NFL.

Profootballfocus just did their top 51 players in 2012 and Von Miller ranked 4th.

Just getting started.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

I think its a close question for a lot of GMs and trading your star player (all of the listed QBs) would be a pretty major decision. I do believe Luck could win a Super Bowl next season with some of those teams but that's a tough test for a 2nd year QB. Still, those are systems designed for QB success and I think he could excel. Peyton and Eli are both below average in mobility yet neither is being touched much this year because of stellar o-line play. Matt Cassel is a HORRIBLE QB, maybe the worst in the NFL, and yet he led the Patriots to an 11-5 season. Could Luck be successful in NE, Denver and NY? Yeah, I think he could. Could be do what Big Ben does? Maybe - they are similar in size and speed. Aaron Rodgers is still young so no way would GB trade him but the age of the others would make them consider it, IMO.

Its a tough call.

Peyton doesn't get hit because he gets rid of the football on time, which right now is something Luck hasn't mastered. Yes Denver's line is playing great, but it's easy to block for less than 3 seconds every play.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Very shortsighted of you - you mean to tell me that if the Colts wanted to trade straight across Luck for Manning you wouldn't be out in the streets laughing your @ss off in celebration? The "maybe" of winning a Superbowl NOW for the Broncos is a very long shot. The odds of Luck winning a Superbowl or two in the next decade or so is much higher. Remember...he took a crap team that no one gave a chance to do anything this year and is now 6-3 with an outside shot at the playoffs. And this is his rookie year. If that team gets more talent around him (especially on defense), watch out. Another thing to note is that the list the given a few of those QB (Manning in particular) aren't going to be around much longer (gone within 2 or 3 years ...5 at most). Means Luck will be in his prime when a lot of the talent level at QB will be leaving the league.

Think long term like the Colts did and be successful for another decade. Think short term like the Bronocs and maybe (a big maybe) get a ring now but have no future....
    But have NO future? Dude, come on, that is absolutely incorrect and you absolutely know it. We're one of the younger teams in the league, have a great coaching duo in Fox/Del Rio and talent on both sides of the ball that after Manning leaves, will know how and what it takes to win on a high level. Our future is brighter than that worlds brightest flashlight app for smartphones.

Again, I'm not trying to "get you", but it always seems to come down to you trying to knock the Broncos and Manning down a notch and even the compliments you give, seem backhanded with an agenda.
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 11-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread