+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: CBA Talk

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Perhaps the Pens would have won..........but who would ever want to see THAT?
    Hahaha they were on fire at the halfway point. But that's not what I was really saying. I just meant that the Kings weren't in the playoff picture at the halfway point. I'm just pissed cause I only got to go to one game last year instead of my normal 5 or 6, and I won't be attending any this year, even if they get back playing.

But the one game I went to last year....on my bday, March 11th....Pens-5 Bruins 2!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Hahaha they were on fire at the halfway point. But that's not what I was really saying. I just meant that the Kings weren't in the playoff picture at the halfway point. I'm just pissed cause I only got to go to one game last year instead of my normal 5 or 6, and I won't be attending any this year, even if they get back playing.

But the one game I went to last year....on my bday, March 11th....Pens-5 Bruins 2!!!!!
    Oh yeah?

Take THAT!!!!

Last edited by PatSox; 12-30-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Haha if they wouldn't have gotten smoked in their following series then this would piss me off! Last time we knocked them out of the playoffs tho, we went on to win the Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Haha if they wouldn't have gotten smoked in their following series then this would piss me off! Last time we knocked them out of the playoffs tho, we went on to win the Cup!

Yeah same here. They make a pretty good stepping stone apparently

Last edited by PatSox; 12-30-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Man, can you tell I'm ready to see some hockey again?

LETS GO, YOU FUCKERS!!!!

Apparently Mein Ferher is going to present another...........wait for it.........counter offer today

Sigh, here we fucking go again

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    And to see and hear Bettman and these owners talking about how they desperately want to get a deal done, weeks and months ago, when this whole thing was planned to go a certain length of time is just so disgustingly disingenuous. At first I fear'd the plan was to kill the entire season, but now it seems it was just to go january, where they could still get in a shortened season, probably to keep NBC happy and not piss of the fans TOO much

Guess I should be happy these bastards are giving us THAT much.........sad as that is to say. A shortened season is tough though. I mean every year there are posers who start like gang busters and fizzle out and teams that start slow and come on at the end. I.E. the real quality teams prove it out over time, but now that time is cut in half. There will be teams in, that shouldn't be and teams out that totally should be in
    Common consensus is... this is Phx's most successful season so far. How fvcked is that? Cut out the 1st half of the season - no competing with NCAA football, NFL regular season, MLB playoffs. Back-end that cash influx.

They make me hate myself for inevitably watching and getting into the NHL whenever they come back.
    Having no destination, I am never lost.
    --Ikkyu

It. Is. Over.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

NHL AND NHLPA REACH DEAL ON COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT

""Don Fehr and I are here to tell you that we have reached an agreement on the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement, the details of which need to be put to paper," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed to reporters early Sunday morning. "We have to dot a lot of I's and cross a lot of T's. There is still a lot of work to be done, but the basic framework has been agreed upon."

The next stage is documentation and ratification of the deal with the start date and number of games in the 2012-13 season still to be announced depending on how long the final process takes.

"Hopefully within a very few days the fans can get back to watching people who are skating, not the two of us," said NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr."
    Having no destination, I am never lost.
    --Ikkyu

****ing finally....Here is my vow. For this season I will buy absolutely nothing dealing with the NHL. However, I am too big of a Canucks fan not to watch the season. I am happy there will be hockey, yet I will be quietly slightly pissed off for this season.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

+ Reply to Thread