+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: CBA Talk

Another CBA offer from the NHL...seems they are the only ones sending out these offers. Players better accept it or they can go suck a dick.

The NHL has made a new CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association, an NHL player told TSN on Friday.

The player, who requested anonymity, said the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on term limit for player contracts, salary variance and buyouts.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the NHL adjusted its maximum contract length from five to six years (seven years if a team is re-signing its own player) and boosted the variance from five to 10 per cent.

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun adds that the new offer includes the 'Make Whole' provision that stays at $300 million and allows each team one compliance buyout prior to the 2013-14 season. The buyout would not count against the cap, but it would against the players' share.

The player says the new league offer still calls for the salary cap to be $60 million for the 2013-14 season, which could be an issue when it comes to escrow.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly would not confirm what the player said when reached by TSN. There is no scheduled meeting between both sides for Friday, as the NHLPA needs time to review the offer from the league.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

^ ^ ^
    Guarantee Fehr comes back with a counter offer regarding the max years on contracts. He'll probably want seven and eight, or maybe even eight and nine. Not because he believes it's THAT vital, but because he feels he HAS to get the last word in, before this thing is done

Someone like Jacobs will probably explode when this happens and things will drag out a bit longer. Or perhaps Fehr goes even further that this and counters on some of the other points, killing the whole thing and we get another cancelled season

I.E. Don't get your hopes up

Sounds like this is the beginning of a resolution. Camps open January 12th lets go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clay Guida beats Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi by Submission (Gulliotine Choke) at 4:27 Rd 2

This sig was bestowen upon me by XXXvaletudoXXX

So fishy that NOW they're optimistic and pressing to make this happen. Not a week ago, or two weeks ago, or a month ago. It's just happening to take exactly the amount of time they had, maximum, to still have enough time to get a short season in

Kind of like the owners had no intention of doing anything otherwise. They wanted to miss as much time as they could, so they could save money for the floundering franchises and keep them content. What a smoke show

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    So fishy that NOW they're optimistic and pressing to make this happen. Not a week ago, or two weeks ago, or a month ago. It's just happening to take exactly the amount of time they had, maximum, to still have enough time to get a short season in

Kind of like the owners had no intention of doing anything otherwise. They wanted to miss as much time as they could, so they could save money for the floundering franchises and keep them content. What a smoke show

You could definitely be right...buuut I feel there was a few deals good enough the players should have taken.

I read that the owners all agreed that this season could not be completely lost. I think a deal is going to happen shortly.

I will watch the games. I'm too big of a Canucks and hockey fan not to. However what I wont do is purchase anything nhl related for at least the duration of this season, assuming they have one.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    You could definitely be right...buuut I feel there was a few deals good enough the players should have taken.

I read that the owners all agreed that this season could not be completely lost. I think a deal is going to happen shortly.

I will watch the games. I'm too big of a Canucks and hockey fan not to. However what I wont do is purchase anything nhl related for at least the duration of this season, assuming they have one.
    This. I'll still watch, that's for sure. But I definitely won't go to any games, and I usually go to 5 or 6 every year. Sucks because Consol Energy Center is a great arena. All state of the art, and there is no such thing as a bad seat. I don't know if anyone had ever gone to a game at Mellon(Civic) Arena, but they had what they called "Obstructed View" seats where you would sit down and there would be a giant, cement support beam directly in front of you haha. You had to literally lean as far as you could to either side to see the ice. It was such a joke. That place was such a dump, and we almost lost the Pens because of it. Also, I definitely won't be buying any jerseys, or anything else NHL related, this year. Even tho the site I get all my Steelers/Pens jerseys from ships them from China and I pay $30 for authentic jerseys that cost between $200-300 at the NFL/NHL website and stores. They are 100% authentic too, absolutely no different than the expensive ones.

Read a rumour for that the first time since summer, the NHL has sent a mass e-mail to off-ice officials about... whatever they e-mail those dudes about.

About 10 years ago here in Vancouver we had a bus strike. I was talking about it with a buddy while eating dinner in May and the person at the next table leaned over and said that they worked for the company that put the ads in buses. She said that the transit company had all orders suspended through the summer and that the buys were scheduled to start up again in late August. Sure enough, strike ended early August and the bus drivers were back to work by mid August.

The Sedins (amongst many others I assume) have been saying this since day 1. The NHL has a timeline and they will try to push the players to get whatever they can until that internal "drop dead" date. Once that date arrives, they'll "compromise", make the PA an offer they can't refuse and be the heroes saving the season (and the sh1tty franchises).
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    Read a rumour for that the first time since summer, the NHL has sent a mass e-mail to off-ice officials about... whatever they e-mail those dudes about.

About 10 years ago here in Vancouver we had a bus strike. I was talking about it with a buddy while eating dinner in May and the person at the next table leaned over and said that they worked for the company that put the ads in buses. She said that the transit company had all orders suspended through the summer and that the buys were scheduled to start up again in late August. Sure enough, strike ended early August and the bus drivers were back to work by mid August.

The Sedins (amongst many others I assume) have been saying this since day 1. The NHL has a timeline and they will try to push the players to get whatever they can until that internal "drop dead" date. Once that date arrives, they'll "compromise", make the PA an offer they can't refuse and be the heroes saving the season (and the sh1tty franchises).
    And to see and hear Bettman and these owners talking about how they desperately want to get a deal done, weeks and months ago, when this whole thing was planned to go a certain length of time is just so disgustingly disingenuous. At first I fear'd the plan was to kill the entire season, but now it seems it was just to go january, where they could still get in a shortened season, probably to keep NBC happy and not piss of the fans TOO much

Guess I should be happy these bastards are giving us THAT much.........sad as that is to say. A shortened season is tough though. I mean every year there are posers who start like gang busters and fizzle out and teams that start slow and come on at the end. I.E. the real quality teams prove it out over time, but now that time is cut in half. There will be teams in, that shouldn't be and teams out that totally should be in
    Last edited by PatSox; 12-30-2012 at 08:36 AM.

And to see and hear Bettman and these owners talking about how they desperately want to get a deal done, weeks and months ago, when this whole thing was planned to go a certain length of time is just so disgustingly disingenuous. At first I fear'd the plan was to kill the entire season, but now it seems it was just to go january, where they could still get in a shortened season, probably to keep NBC happy and not piss of the fans TOO much

Guess I should be happy these bastards are giving us THAT much.........sad as that is to say. A shortened season is tough though. I mean every year there are posers who start like gang busters and fizzle out and teams that start slow and come on at the end. I.E. the real quality teams prove it out over time, but now that time is cut in half. There will be teams in, that shouldn't be and teams out that totally should be in
    Shortened season last year and you have different Stanley Cup Champs. And the team that would have won it might not have even been in the playoffs last year. Well, they probably would have, but the Kings definitely don't win it all last year if the playoffs started after 48 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Shortened season last year and you have different Stanley Cup Champs. And the team that would have won it might not have even been in the playoffs last year. Well, they probably would have, but the Kings definitely don't win it all last year if the playoffs started after 48 games.
    Perhaps the Pens would have won..........but who would ever want to see THAT?

+ Reply to Thread