+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: CBA Talk

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    lol, that cracked me up.

I think this season is going to be a complete wash. **** everyone involved. Right now I wish i wasn't such a hardcore Canucks fan....If I wasn't I would only watch NHL casually when it came back and I would 100% be all about the CHL. As much as I want to just stop watching, I know I couldn't miss out on a Vancouver season.

But the league is going to lose a whole ****load of those non-hardcore fans whenever they do come back. If they have another full season lockout this soon after the last one...Wow. Like holy ****, this is Bettman's 3rd of his tenure. Get rid of that dumb pos.
    I will never spend another dollar of my money on anything NHL related. I'm not the biggest hardcore hockey fan and they wont miss my cash I'm sure but I'm done with these ass holes feeding us shit and wanting us to smile and ask for more. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

There is no other professional league on the planet more poorly run then the NHL

Quote Originally Posted by Canuklehead View Post
    There is no other professional league on the planet more poorly run then the NHL
    QFT. In my opinion three work stoppages under his tenure should disqualify Bettman as capable of running this league. He needs to be fired.

So, they have officially cancelled all regular season games up to, and including, the All Star Game? If so, what is the point of even trying for a season at this point? And I love how after basically no meetings whatsoever up to this point, the other day the owners put in a request to the NHLPA to take a 14 day break from negotiations. What the fuck do they want a break from? Not doing a god damn thing at all? For all the crying the owners have been doing about how much money they are losing, they sure as hell don't seem to really give a fuck about getting this thing resolved.

And I totally agree with zakath. At this point, after the 3rd lockout under his watch, with this one more than likely being the 2nd one that results in the loss of an entire season, Bettman needs to just be deemed incapable of performing his duties as Commissioner, and relieved of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    So, they have officially cancelled all regular season games up to, and including, the All Star Game? If so, what is the point of even trying for a season at this point?
    They've only cancelled games through December 14th. They could still have a 60 game season with all the games being played within your own conference.

No idea how Bettman still has a job. It is mind boggling. Clearly there needs to be some fresh blood running this league. You can't keep having lockouts every 7 years...It's ridiculous!

Honestly, I could care less if there is a season anymore. It's the last thing on my mind. If it wasn't for tsn.ca having some stupid nhl update as the main story every single day, I would have completely forgot that there was supposed to be hockey going on right now.

I honestly am more excited for the MLB season to start so I can watch the revamped Jays than I am for the 2012-2013 NHL season. Never in my life would I think I would say that.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Holy crap...A player acknowledging the fans! And it's my old buddy Bert. He seems to get it.

It appears that Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi is losing hope that there will be an NHL season this year.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Bertuzzi was attending a players-run practice on Monday when he stated he was "not very optimistic," that a deal could be reached and that "I see us losing a year."

The NHL lockout is currently in its 72nd day with no talks planned in the immediate future.

"I think the owners, at this time, are strong-holding it and putting their foot in the sand and not budging," Bertuzzi told the Free Press. "They want what they want, and that's plain and simple.

"Unfortunately, it's going to take years to build back the revenue. It's going to take a long time. These people are (ticked) right now. They're not just - 'I don't care, I'll come back,' or whatever. Fans are (ticked) now. They're getting to a point where they're not even really paying attention anymore to what's going on. They're sick and tired of hearing the same (stuff) coming out of both sides' mouths, and who can blame them? It's frustrating."

The 37-year-old also touched on the topic of decertification, which would see the Players' Association dissolve, thus making the lockout illegal. The tactic has been used by players in both the NFL and NBA in their recent negotiations, but it would see the NHL and the players going to court to try to resolve their impasse.

"So players go after owners, we sue them - how long is that going to take?" Bertuzzi stated to the Free Press. "Four to five to six, seven months. So that means the season is gone. So if anything, it hurries up the process of ending this thing, so guys aren't sitting around waiting to see what's going to be next."

""Unfortunately, it's going to take years to build back the revenue. It's going to take a long time. These people are (ticked) right now. They're not just - 'I don't care, I'll come back,' or whatever. Fans are (ticked) now. They're getting to a point where they're not even really paying attention anymore to what's going on. They're sick and tired of hearing the same (stuff) coming out of both sides' mouths, and who can blame them? It's frustrating.""

Exactly how I feel. I'm not even paying attention now. Fuck the NHL. The WJHC isn't far away...I'll get my hockey fix over Christmas.

Fuck the NHL.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    Exactly how I feel. I'm not even paying attention now. Fuck the NHL. The WJHC isn't far away...I'll get my hockey fix over Christmas.

This is one of my favorite things about the Christmas/NY time of year...Love this tournament...This year it's just going to be that much better since I haven't got my usual hockey fix.

The players realize that they are going to lose a lot more money by cancelling the season then they will by agreeing to a new cba, right?

Or are they fighting for "the rights of future players" lol.

A local sportswriter here in Pittsburgh is in NY right now and just tweeted that negotiations were still still going on as of midnight EST and that a deal was imminent, although there were still a few hurdles to overcome. He didn't list any sources so take it for what it's worth but he's been all over these meetings from the start and I trust his word more often than not.

+ Reply to Thread