+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CBA Talk

I don't think the deal was as 50/50 as Bettman and the league lead everyone to believe. There must have been some bullsh!t fine print involved. Otherwise, the players would have had no reason to turn it down, if they were getting exactly what they have been asking for the entire time.

Maybe there was something else in there...but how bad could it be? It's not like the league put in small print that they own their soul for the rest of eternity. We are talking about guys playing a sport they love for millions of dollars. Stop being so damn greedy.

Funny thing is both parties are fighting over our money. Jokes on them because revenue is going to drop substantially whenever hockey starts back up again. People just don't give a **** anymore. Not all fans will be back like Mr. Bettman has assumed. They might want to factor in the lost revenue into the new cba.
    Last edited by airjasper; 10-25-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Definitely agree about revenue dropping from losing fans. Bettman is an idiot if he truly believes that every single fan will be back when they finally start playing again. People are still feeling the effects of a recession. Still looking for jobs. Still losing their homes. Seeing millionaires and billionaires fighting over money that they spend, is a bigger turnoff than Bettman and the owners realize.

And for how bad the other stuff in the "50/50" offer could really be? Who knows. I think it could have been totally ridiculous other than the revenue split. Bettman probably realized that no deal would be made soon so he used it as a PR move. He knew fans thought that the main reason this wasn't getting done was because the owners were too greedy to split revenue down the middle with the players, so he threw out some total bullsh!t offer that included a 50/50 split to try to turn some of the heat away from himself and the owners, knowing the NHLPA would reject it, making them look like the greedy, bad guys when the turn down a deal that appeared to be exactly what they had been asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Definitely agree about revenue dropping from losing fans. Bettman is an idiot if he truly believes that every single fan will be back when they finally start playing again. People are still feeling the effects of a recession. Still looking for jobs. Still losing their homes. Seeing millionaires and billionaires fighting over money that they spend, is a bigger turnoff than Bettman and the owners realize.
    History is on Bettman's side, though. There are more fans now than ever, and that's following a season-long lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    History is on Bettman's side, though. There are more fans now than ever, and that's following a season-long lockout.
    Yeah but that lockout was how long ago now? And I think a lot of that had to do with the rule changes that promote more scoring, like getting rid of the 2-Line Pass rule.

The Maple Leafs make 125 million a year in profit

The Coyotes lose 30-40 million a year

And the owners think that's the players problem and they need to help fix it??? Fuck you, you greedy owners. Fix it yourself with better revenue sharing and stop putting teams in shitty hockey markets......Sorry, I was just thinking about this today and it pisses me off so much
    Last edited by PatSox; 11-01-2012 at 05:56 PM.

I just now realized that this is this 3rd lockout under Bettman. I knew about this one and the last, but wasn't aware the one before that was under him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    The Maple Leafs make 125 million a year in profit

The Coyotes lose 30-40 million a year

And the owners think that's the players problem and they need to help fix it??? Fuck you, you greedy owners. Fix it yourself with better revenue sharing and stop putting teams in shitty hockey markets......Sorry, I was just thinking about this today and it pisses me off so much

Brutal hey??? But for some reason Bettman refuse to move the Coyotes. What kind of retarded business model is that? There are many markets that team could be moved to and instantly become profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Brutal hey??? But for some reason Bettman refuse to move the Coyotes. What kind of retarded business model is that? There are many markets that team could be moved to and instantly become profitable.
    Initially, I think he wanted to keep a team in Phoenix long enough to help attract a big US TV contract. Arizona is a large TV market, believe it or not and it looks good on your checklist to have all the big markets covered when the networks are looking at you as a potential broadcaster. Even though in this case, we all know it was bullshit, because no one in Phoenix gives a fuck about Hockey

But now that they got the NBC deal, it's time to end this abomination and move that team. Panthers too. Maybe even Columbus, as that one just seems hopeless. But they never do it. It must be ego. And on top of that, it seems like right now, they're doing everything they can to destroy the NBC deal. Those games were supposed to start this month. The winter classic is NBC. 24/7 is HBO. Yeah good idea Gary, piss off NBC and HBO. Not to mention TSN, CBC and every fan you have, after finally getting this sport back to popularity in the last couple seasons. Just throw it out the window over...apparently fucking nothing

I will forever hold Canuck fans in high regard for what they did in 2011. Not only, after seeing their dreams of a Stanley Cup crushed right before their eyes in a 7th game at home did they stick around to show respect to the other club and appreciation for theirs, they stuck through the ceremony, full attendance, just so they could boo the HELL out of Gary Bettman

Outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    I will forever hold Canuck fans in high regard for what they did in 2011. Not only, after seeing their dreams of a Stanley Cup crushed right before their eyes in a 7th game at home did they stick around to show respect to the other club and appreciation for theirs, they stuck through the ceremony, full attendance, just so they could boo the HELL out of Gary Bettman

Outstanding
    lol, that cracked me up.

I think this season is going to be a complete wash. **** everyone involved. Right now I wish i wasn't such a hardcore Canucks fan....If I wasn't I would only watch NHL casually when it came back and I would 100% be all about the CHL. As much as I want to just stop watching, I know I couldn't miss out on a Vancouver season.

But the league is going to lose a whole ****load of those non-hardcore fans whenever they do come back. If they have another full season lockout this soon after the last one...Wow. Like holy ****, this is Bettman's 3rd of his tenure. Get rid of that dumb pos.

+ Reply to Thread