Thread: Brutal Check at the World Championships

Default Brutal Check at the World Championships

****ing brutal knockout..

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 29-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

If he doesn't get suspended for the rest of the tournament, Jasper will blame Shanahan

It was a bad hit, but to be honest, the guy that got hit was recieving the puck, and he just leaned forward and stretched his head out in a very vulnerable position. The guy that made the hit didn't look like he targeted the head, but rather put his shoulder down and didn't avoid the head. I think this hit had both participants at fault.

LA taking over

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    It was a bad hit, but to be honest, the guy that got hit was recieving the puck, and he just leaned forward and stretched his head out in a very vulnerable position. The guy that made the hit didn't look like he targeted the head, but rather put his shoulder down and didn't avoid the head. I think this hit had both participants at fault.
    Agree (of course, since we're the same person). Looks bad, but it was a bit of a suicide pass and the Kazakh player could've avoided the whole thing if he'd had his head up and didn't stretch out for a puck like that.
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

I have to disagree with you guys. To me that was about as brutal of a head hit as i've seen. So a couple game suspension should be perfect.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

5 games which should kick him out of the tournament essentially.

Starchenko needs to do a better job of being responsible for his stick. Somebody could have gotten hurt out there.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    I have to disagree with you guys. To me that was about as brutal of a head hit as i've seen. So a couple game suspension should be perfect.
    I don't like seeing guys gettting hurt, but players need to protect themselves.
    Head down, receiving a pass, in the middle of the ice. The defensive player has to hit him. Because the offensive player had his head so low, the defensive player had no choice, other than to let him go. If the defensive player couldn't hit him, every offensive player would skate throught the neutral zone with his head nice and low. That's almost the equivalent of Rich Franklins "keep your knee down so he can't kick you in the head" strategy...

Just because he had his head down doesn't mean it's okay that guy crushed him. It's one thing if you destroy them like that with a legal hit..But this wasn't even close. Look how much time he had before laying down the hit. He knew what was going on. He knew it was a suicide pass. Come on, it was a blatant elbow to the head at full speed. He didn't even lower his head last millisecond. Hell, you can even see him bracing for the elbow to the head.

I'm surprised anyone could look at that and not really have an issue.

+ Reply to Thread