+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mariano Rivera tears ACL

Amazing the amount of ACL injuries we have seen in sports lately...I've been personally affected by two in Rivera and Rubio...Then there's Adrian Peterson, Rose, Shumpert, Eric Maynor...They just keep piling up

When you actually think about what it takes to blow out an ACL im surprised there arent more. Its something like 6lbs of pressure from the wrong angle, is all it takes to blow it out. Scary.

I think the interesting thing here is to see when he decides if he comes back next year. If Roberston is lights out, does he decide to come back?

"I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I am not going out like this." Mo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout2.2 View Post
    I think the interesting thing here is to see when he decides if he comes back next year. If Roberston is lights out, does he decide to come back?
    Yes. Mo is a Pettitte type of situation...The guy says he wants to pitch, you let him pitch. In whatever role he wants

i'm glad to head he is going to try to come back. he has to be just arguably the most respected player in all of baseball. He is that rare athlete who everyone likes and admires, I don't think I have ever heard a bad word mentioned about him.

I'm from NY and maybe be somewhat biased, but I have Mariano ranked as the greatest pitcher of all time, even though starting pitchers have more value then relievers. his numbers are just ridiculous, and he has been so much better then any other reliever. #1 in saves, #1 in ERA (of any pitcher since 1920 with more then 1000 innings pitched) #1 in ERA of any pitcher in the postseason, most saves in the post season, amazing consistency.

i have jerry rice as arguably the best offensive player in NFL history because he was so much better overall then the 2nd best WR, even though overall QBs are more valuable and I'd have about 6 or 7 QBs in my top 10. its the same thing for me with mariano as a pitcher, my other top 10 pitchers would all be starters besides mariano

I was there last night at Royals Stadium. Didn't know until after the game. ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkl View Post
    i'm glad to head he is going to try to come back. he has to be just arguably the most respected player in all of baseball. He is that rare athlete who everyone likes and admires, I don't think I have ever heard a bad word mentioned about him.

I'm from NY and maybe be somewhat biased, but I have Mariano ranked as the greatest pitcher of all time, even though starting pitchers have more value then relievers. his numbers are just ridiculous, and he has been so much better then any other reliever. #1 in saves, #1 in ERA (of any pitcher since 1920 with more then 1000 innings pitched) #1 in ERA of any pitcher in the postseason, most saves in the post season, amazing consistency.

i have jerry rice as arguably the best offensive player in NFL history because he was so much better overall then the 2nd best WR, even though overall QBs are more valuable and I'd have about 6 or 7 QBs in my top 10. its the same thing for me with mariano as a pitcher, my other top 10 pitchers would all be starters besides mariano
    Rivera's post season numbers are staggering considering he's played in the playoffs every season besides 1. Just incredible.

+ Reply to Thread