+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Ops 2 revealed.

Ive tried multiple guns: Swat, Scar H, PDW, LSAT, KSG, and R870 among others and I NEVER find success with them. I used the LSAT today and was 4/4, switched to the FAL and ended up 21/7. I can't find a gun that grooves with me, I thought the Scar was it but it bounces around way to much making it ineffective at anything past mid range.

The other gun I use is the secondary 3-burst pistol. That thing has won me 4 times the amount of gun fights I have lost when I am close to less than mid-range. I think I will hold off until the M181 or try the Type 25 later tonight but I'm not using any other new guns cuz I can't find one that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Ive tried multiple guns: Swat, Scar H, PDW, LSAT, KSG, and R870 among others and I NEVER find success with them. I used the LSAT today and was 4/4, switched to the FAL and ended up 21/7. I can't find a gun that grooves with me, I thought the Scar was it but it bounces around way to much making it ineffective at anything past mid range.

The other gun I use is the secondary 3-burst pistol. That thing has won me 4 times the amount of gun fights I have lost when I am close to less than mid-range. I think I will hold off until the M181 or try the Type 25 later tonight but I'm not using any other new guns cuz I can't find one that works for me.
    Do you hang back a lot with the FAL and try to get people mid-long range with it?

If so, may I recommend the Mk48. Try it with a Grip, FMJ rounds and either a Target Finder or Dual Band Scope. It's such a lethal and accurate gun at range. The FMJ rounds lets you rip people up behind walls, so if you start hitting them near a window and they duck or run for cover, just follow them and put them down through the wall

I use that gun with those attachments a lot and it feels SO beastly

First Map Pack is 4 days away

A new gun too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    More of a run and gun, stealth style

Type 25 with three attachments. Suppressor, Laser Sight and either Fast Mags or Extended Mags. Combine that with Ghost, Scavenger and Engineer. I used to have this setup, but with an SMG. I started using this in the SMG's place and it friggin RULES!!! Better range, more punch, still a ton of fire rate

It's all situational, really. But I can think of times where an FAL with Select Fire and a Target Finder is NOT ideal
    DUDE!!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!! I started using the Type 25 and I am straight beasting with that gun. My k/d with the gun is 2.29, I went on a 33-5 run and a 22-3 run with that thing and the cool part is, you really don't need attachments b/c I was owning fools when I first equiped that sum b!tch...I was actually getting stealth choppers and sh!t, something I could never do before and I even got the medal for 15 kills without a death. I can't wait to unlock the silence for this gun, once I do, it will be unstoppable with the class you just recommended. My k/d went from 1.5 to 1.61 in one night b/c of this gun, it is so friggin beastly it isn't funny.

I do have to say one thing about your previous comments Sox and that is about sniping. You say this game isn't sniping friendly buy I disagree tremendously. Most of my deaths come from snipers and campers and if you can get one teammate in on it, you can camp and snipe like a mofo in this game.

Plus they promised quick-scoping would be taken out of this game but it is alive and well, I get so tired of snipers running around the map quick-scoping, it defeats the whole purpose of a sniper class and is a complete oversight on the makers' game...

DUDE!!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!! I started using the Type 25 and I am straight beasting with that gun. My k/d with the gun is 2.29, I went on a 33-5 run and a 22-3 run with that thing and the cool part is, you really don't need attachments b/c I was owning fools when I first equiped that sum b!tch...I was actually getting stealth choppers and sh!t, something I could never do before and I even got the medal for 15 kills without a death. I can't wait to unlock the silence for this gun, once I do, it will be unstoppable with the class you just recommended. My k/d went from 1.5 to 1.61 in one night b/c of this gun, it is so friggin beastly it isn't funny.
    Yeah, the fire rate on that thing is awesome, so it really does well close up against guys with SMG's. And naturally, because it's an AR, it does better at range than any of the SMG's can. I find it to be the perfect hybrid type gun......at least until this new gun comes out that they show in that video above
    Last edited by PatSox; 01-26-2013 at 08:31 AM.

I do have to say one thing about your previous comments Sox and that is about sniping. You say this game isn't sniping friendly buy I disagree tremendously. Most of my deaths come from snipers and campers and if you can get one teammate in on it, you can camp and snipe like a mofo in this game.

Plus they promised quick-scoping would be taken out of this game but it is alive and well, I get so tired of snipers running around the map quick-scoping, it defeats the whole purpose of a sniper class and is a complete oversight on the makers' game...
    Do yourself a favor though. Next time you get sniped or quick scoped, remember the name of the guy and see how he did at the end of the game. Most times, I think you will find that they didn't do too great

When you get popped by a sniper it's jarring and memorable. Those deaths kind of stand out among the hundreds of others that come in other ways, because of the suddeness and the sound of the crack of the gun and the wiz of the bullet. But those guys are usually a kill, then a death, a kill, then a death

A camping sniper may sometimes get lucky and chain a few together, but due to the nature of how they're playing, the fact that Ghost no longer works if your stationary, and the style of the maps, they rarely last very long, before someone flanks them and kills them from the side or behind. Plus a lot of players that chose to snipe a lot, tend to be hacks. The kind of idiots that just keep going back to the top of the plane on Turbine, no matter how many times they immediately die there

Even the quick scopers go down soon enough. If they're good they'll get a few, but the aggressive style of that doesn't lend itself to long streaks, as they will always find themselves surrounded by enemies eventually and sniper rifles make you move slow, and quick scoping is only so quick. Not enough to take on multiple guys in the same space. I notice a typical game for quick scopers looks something like 20-18 or 19-22 or 25-25 or 31-33 or something like that. Always high numbers both ways, always close to breaking even, not affecting much of the result, just making said result happen sooner
    Last edited by PatSox; 01-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.

^^^. Yeah, I guess you are right. Ive only played 3 or 4 games since owning this one that people were able to set up nice camping spots and completely shut down my team. Nothing more frustrating than that.

On another note, really looking forward to this hybrid gun, I want to try that and the 4 round burst rifle as well as the automatic shotgun. Going to wait to unlock the suppressor on the Type 25 before I prestige.

I can't explain why this loadout is so fun, or even why it works, but I have been wrecking house with this one.....

Balista with Iron Sights and Suppressor
    Remington R870 with Suppressor
    PDA
    Ghost
    Fast Hands
    Engineer

Tonight, I must have had a dozen games where I went OFF with the Ballista. Yes, using it with the crosshairs is hard. And YES, the suppressor makes it even harder, because it reduces it's punch, but damn it, none of that mattered. I've never had so many head shots in one sit through

I was torturing people with that thing. And when they got pissed and came after me, I whipped out the Remington and suprised the hell out of them. Man, what a blast this combo is. Stealthy and one hit deadly at any range
    Last edited by PatSox; 02-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Do yourself a favor though. Next time you get sniped or quick scoped, remember the name of the guy and see how he did at the end of the game. Most times, I think you will find that they didn't do too great

When you get popped by a sniper it's jarring and memorable. Those deaths kind of stand out among the hundreds of others that come in other ways, because of the suddeness and the sound of the crack of the gun and the wiz of the bullet. But those guys are usually a kill, then a death, a kill, then a death

A camping sniper may sometimes get lucky and chain a few together, but due to the nature of how they're playing, the fact that Ghost no longer works if your stationary, and the style of the maps, they rarely last very long, before someone flanks them and kills them from the side or behind. Plus a lot of players that chose to snipe a lot, tend to be hacks. The kind of idiots that just keep going back to the top of the plane on Turbine, no matter how many times they immediately die there

Even the quick scopers go down soon enough. If they're good they'll get a few, but the aggressive style of that doesn't lend itself to long streaks, as they will always find themselves surrounded by enemies eventually and sniper rifles make you move slow, and quick scoping is only so quick. Not enough to take on multiple guys in the same space. I notice a typical game for quick scopers looks something like 20-18 or 19-22 or 25-25 or 31-33 or something like that. Always high numbers both ways, always close to breaking even, not affecting much of the result, just making said result happen sooner
    Just had several games a row in different lobbies were snipers went 18-3, 20-8, 16-1 by camping and then running and quick-scoping. They need to rebalance this game, take out the ability to quick-scope completely, nerf the handguns, and nerf the shotguns. It is completely retarded that I can kill you with (1) 3 round burst f my pistol but it takes 2-3 (4) round bursts of an Assault Rifle. That and the range on the KSG needs to be seriously nerfed, there were several times I thought I was being wuick-scoped by a sniper only to watch the kill cam and see it was a KSG from mid-range. There is also no reason an AR should lose a gunfight to a pistol from mid-range...

They updated the game but gave some shotties more range and did nothing to the pistols, they didn't try to fic the horrible lag compensation in this game, and they never thought of fixing the sometimes broken spawn system.

+ Reply to Thread