+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 356

Thread: Black Ops 2 revealed.

  1. #311
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    I just think I am going to stick with the FAL w/ select fire, silencer, and extended mags. I will drop the extended mags once I get scavenger but I am an absolute monster with that gun compared to other guns.

    I may not have the highest score but my k/d was cosistently over 3.0 today for like 5 games straight. The only time it dipped was when I decided to change weapons but my lowest k/d with that gun tonight was like a 2.0. It is just a complete game changer for me, even hip firing gets me kills, I had a double hip fire kill with that thing today. I may start tacking on higher killstreaks if this continues. I may get the dragonfire next, right now it is UAV, Hunter/Killer, and then Lightning strike, may switch lightning for dragonfire.
    .............

  2. #312
    Member slik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Edinburg, TX
    Posts
    782

    Default

    I'm using hunter killer/ lightning then agr. I can't stand the dragon fire. I think the most I've gotten from dragon fire is three kills which is just 75 points. With scavenger and engineer you get a ton of free points. You just toss your Semtex where there's claymores and shock charges and even if you don't get a kill its usually good for 50-150 points and that helps a lot with your kill streaks.

  3. #313
    MMAWeekly Regular PatSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    16,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slik View Post
    I'm using hunter killer/ lightning then agr. I can't stand the dragon fire. I think the most I've gotten from dragon fire is three kills which is just 75 points. With scavenger and engineer you get a ton of free points. You just toss your Semtex where there's claymores and shock charges and even if you don't get a kill its usually good for 50-150 points and that helps a lot with your kill streaks.
    Here's a tip on using the Dragon Fire

    When you hear there is an enemy Dragon Fire in the air, what do you do? Find it on the mini-map and look up in the sky to try and shoot it down, before it kills you right? Well, when you're using it, everyone on the other team is doing the same. So don't elevate it so much. In fact fly it 5-6 feet off the ground....or even a foot off the ground when you can

    It always catches people off guard, in fact most of the time, they don't even know you're down there, because they're looking upward, so it's not even on their screen. After a while, they wise up, so then you need to get evasive. Raise it, drop it down; don't hover in the same area too long

    If you use it right, it can last a while for you and you can rack up a bunch of kills

  4. #314
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slik View Post
    You just toss your Semtex where there's claymores and shock charges and even if you don't get a kill its usually good for 50-150 points and that helps a lot with your kill streaks.
    Good sh!t, never even thought of it like that.... Will scavenger replenish your PDAs as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Here's a tip on using the Dragon Fire

    When you hear there is an enemy Dragon Fire in the air, what do you do? Find it on the mini-map and look up in the sky to try and shoot it down, before it kills you right? Well, when you're using it, everyone on the other team is doing the same. So don't elevate it so much. In fact fly it 5-6 feet off the ground....or even a foot off the ground when you can

    It always catches people off guard, in fact most of the time, they don't even know you're down there, because they're looking upward, so it's not even on their screen. After a while, they wise up, so then you need to get evasive. Raise it, drop it down; don't hover in the same area too long

    If you use it right, it can last a while for you and you can rack up a bunch of kills
    That is also some good advice, thanks...
    .............

  5. #315
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    I wish I was as good with the remington as other people. I can't buy a kill from up close with that thing but I get killed by a jumping 360 hip shot like 3 times a game from some people... I even put the long barrel on it and it doesn't matter.
    .............

  6. #316
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    I can't complain too much though, my k/d is up to 1.5 which is pretty dang impressive given my lack of COD experience. I picked it up for the first time on MW 3 so I'm happy with the way things are going. I'm early enough into it that I can probably manage a 1.75 if I continue with the pace I am setting but more than likely I will level out around 1.25-1.3.

    The FAL is amazing, I don't even know why I use any other gun b/c I just end up pissed off that I don't have the FAL. My k/d with that gun is 1.62 and that is up from having like a 1.14 k/d then I finally unlocked the select fire. My next best gun is the LSAT w/ target finder, grip, and quickdraw which will be subbed out for the speed stock, that gun gives me a 1.49 kd. Good guns....
    .............

  7. #317
    Member Linye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Have it on PS3. Played a few game and enjoy it a bit but after a while the game feels old. Even Battlefield 3 which is a year old game feel more fresh.
    .Pride is Forever.

  8. #318
    MMAWeekly Regular PatSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    16,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I can't complain too much though, my k/d is up to 1.5 which is pretty dang impressive given my lack of COD experience. I picked it up for the first time on MW 3 so I'm happy with the way things are going. I'm early enough into it that I can probably manage a 1.75 if I continue with the pace I am setting but more than likely I will level out around 1.25-1.3.

    The FAL is amazing, I don't even know why I use any other gun b/c I just end up pissed off that I don't have the FAL. My k/d with that gun is 1.62 and that is up from having like a 1.14 k/d then I finally unlocked the select fire. My next best gun is the LSAT w/ target finder, grip, and quickdraw which will be subbed out for the speed stock, that gun gives me a 1.49 kd. Good guns....
    You should put a lot of thought into all 5 of your custom classes and make them as varied as you can. Reason being, certain maps, game types and even the flow of a given match and what your opponents are doing should dictate what class you go with. You want to have the ability to play a few different ways and have various tools at your disposal when you need them

    Always have at least one class with the following

    - Blind Eye
    - PDA
    - EMP Grenades
    - Flack Jacket
    - FMJ rounds

    If someone puts up a Chopper or a swarm, you want to be able to flip to a loadout that has Blind Eye, so you don't get constantly killed by these things. It's also a good idea to have FMJ rounds with whatever your weapon is in this Blind Eye class, so you can take things like Choppers, Escort Drones and VTOL Gunships down quickly. Multiple rockets from launchers take too long

    If you notice the other team has some guys using a lot of shock charges, claymore, betties or tactical insterts, maybe switch to a class that has EMP grenades. You can ruin there plans and rack up on points taking those things out

    If the other team is grenade, C4 and RPG happy. Go to a class with Flack Jacket to keep your ass alive

    And if your mess up and put a care package off the map, have a PDA at least a death away, so you can salvage it

    And I know you love the FAL, I do too, but let me recommend another assault rifle to use in certain situations. More of a run and gun, stealth style

    Type 25 with three attachments. Suppressor, Laser Sight and either Fast Mags or Extended Mags. Combine that with Ghost, Scavenger and Engineer. I used to have this setup, but with an SMG. I started using this in the SMG's place and it friggin RULES!!! Better range, more punch, still a ton of fire rate

    It's all situational, really. But I can think of times where an FAL with Select Fire and a Target Finder is NOT ideal
    Last edited by PatSox; 01-24-2013 at 04:42 PM.

  9. #319
    Senior Member Floyd1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    You recommend the Type 25 over the M181 or whatever the 4 round burst is? I thought that was your run n gun class?
    .............

  10. #320
    MMAWeekly Regular PatSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    16,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    You recommend the Type 25 over the M181 or whatever the 4 round burst is? I thought that was your run n gun class?
    In the words of Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau..........not anymooor

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts