+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Ops 2 revealed.

I prestige tomorrow

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Yes you DO lose your perks. And all the weapons you unlocked

The only differences, this time around, are that you can use your prestige token to carry one thing over for infinity. Most people tend to use that first token to keep Ghost, since you only get it at the very end of the progression, or a particular gun they love, that unlocks late. The other change is the progression you make on the guns themselves does not reset. So once you unlock a gun again, you will have all the attachments and camo's you had prior

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Yes you DO lose your perks. And all the weapons you unlocked

The only differences, this time around, are that you can use your prestige token to carry one thing over for infinity. Most people tend to use that first token to keep Ghost, since you only get it at the very end of the progression, or a particular gun they love, that unlocks late. The other change is the progression you make on the guns themselves does not reset. So once you unlock a gun again, you will have all the attachments and camo's you had prior
    I just looked it up, it says you keep your unlocked weapons and perks. The prestige token is to permanently unlock a weapon so I'm assuming it means on future prestige you can refund your tokens and have stuff you don't need to spend tokens on, so you have a way to unlock up to 64 things rather than 55.

PatSox, try using the M48 (the first LMG) with ED Tech scope and FMJ (and eventually Quick Draw). I ignored this gun for so long because I thought the LBB was a beast.... my god though this thing is a ****ing sniper machine. Up close, far away, it just KILLS. So accurate with great range.

Oh and word of advice for LMG lovers, don't use the grip, it has been tested, it doesn't actually reduce recoil on the LMGs

I just swapped out the scope for the Target Finder with Quick Draw and FMJ on the M48. So far my lowest score in in a complete game of TDM has been 21-5-1 (4.20 ratio). My highest was over 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    I just looked it up, it says you keep your unlocked weapons and perks. The prestige token is to permanently unlock a weapon so I'm assuming it means on future prestige you can refund your tokens and have stuff you don't need to spend tokens on, so you have a way to unlock up to 64 things rather than 55.
    No you lose them

You start over again at level one and unlock everything again, just like you did the first go through. Differences are, you don't have to use an unlock token if you already used on it prior, like you said. And you don't lose the prior progression you made with each weapon either. So once you get to, say level 22, you have the FAL again and all the attachments and camos you had gotten before

PatSox, try using the M48 (the first LMG) with ED Tech scope and FMJ (and eventually Quick Draw). I ignored this gun for so long because I thought the LBB was a beast.... my god though this thing is a ****ing sniper machine. Up close, far away, it just KILLS. So accurate with great range.

Oh and word of advice for LMG lovers, don't use the grip, it has been tested, it doesn't actually reduce recoil on the LMGs
    I'm not sure who tested this, but they are very very wrong. My own tests confirm what I already know. That there is QUITE a drop in recoil with the grip than without it on each LMG, AR and SMG I've used it with. Which is the whole point of the damn attachment
    Last edited by PatSox; 11-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Dude, I feel QUITE a difference in recoil with the grip and without it on each LMG I've used. Not sure who tested this, but they are very very wrong
    Supposedly it is just a placebo affect. If you go to a wall and pay attention to your spread patter you'll notice there isn't a difference.

Here is a post that talks about it.

http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty...ange-64718191/

Supposedly it is just a placebo affect. If you go to a wall and pay attention to your spread patter you'll notice there isn't a difference.

Here is a post that talks about it.

http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty...ange-64718191/
    Oh so you mean it's just a perceived difference? A visual one?

Well guess what? If I'm seeing my cross hairs bounce all over the place, it doesn't matter so much where the bullets are going, because I can't see the guy I'm shooting at. If my gun is visually steadier, then I have a much easier time tracking the target

.......Get why grip helps now?
    Last edited by PatSox; 11-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Just picked up the game, any good load outs for snipers that you guys have used?

So I get on yesterday for like a half an hour and see that threy reset everyones stats? I had close to 3k kills and a 1.5 k/d and now I have less then 100 kills. Thought it was just my stats for the week but I changed it to all time and it still was the same.

+ Reply to Thread