+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New AMC TV Show - The Pitch

Default New AMC TV Show - The Pitch

Anyone seen this? Its really good. Reality show showing marketing firms competing against each other for huge companies. The creative brainstorming is really interesting and it was way better than I thought. Check out an episode.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-pitch

About the Show

AMC's new original series The Pitch offers viewers an intense, gripping, never-before-seen glimpse inside America’s top ad agencies. Each week watch two agencies as they compete to win a new client the only way they can: by going head-to-head in a cut-throat, winner-takes-all showdown, a presentation known as The Pitch. With only seven days to prepare, the pressure to perform is intense. The whining, the brainstorming, the blue-sky thinking: it’s all here as the teams work around the clock and pray for the moment of inspiration that will win them the job and keep their companies alive. The drama is real, the stakes are high, and the clock is ticking. From the producers of Undercover Boss. Witness the pressure…The passion…The Pitch.

now we'll get to see people try to be creative geniuses the same way reality cooking shows flooded the market with wannabe chefs complaining about the $8 gig they find so inspiring in the 1st place.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

These are legit, big-time add agencies in the first two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    These are legit, big-time add agencies in the first two episodes.
    what were the names of the agencies? truthfully, this thread brought up some of my frustrations. LOL!
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

I would say the 4 add agencies used are all multi-million dollar companies and each had a lot of employees. Note -if you do too much research you will spoil who wins the account.

Episode one was:

National restaurant chain Subway is looking for a new advertising campaign to take its breakfast menu to the next level. Drawing on the tagline “Eat Fresh,” Subway’s Chief Marketing Officer Tony Pace wants the campaign to convince 18-24-year-olds to eat breakfast at Subway. Two rival ad agencies are pitching to helm the project:

McKinney, a medium-sized agency based in North Carolina, decides to draw creative from staff members who fit the demographic. Chief Creative Officer Jonathan Crude and Group Creative Director Liz Paradise invite two pairs of young copywriters to come up with separate concepts —- a kind of competition within the competition. The resulting campaigns are a stop-motion animation featuring talking sandwiches that urge, “Let’s Fix Breakfast”; and a music video (“Freestyle Breakfast”) starring Mac Lethal, a rapper who’s gone viral on YouTube.

WDCW, an L.A.-based agency that previously worked on Quiznos, wants to push the envelope with their idea. Says Founding Partner Tracy Wong, “I’d rather go down in flames with what we think the right answer is. I’d rather bring it and lose.” Their concept centers on “zAMbies,” lifeless breakfast zombies that eat bland fast food because they’re unaware of the flavorful options from Subway.

Episode 2:

Waste Management wants the public to know that they're much more than a trash company. Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Dave Aardsma is out to rebrand WM as an energy provider, noting that the company creates "more energy than the entire solar industry." Hoping for an edgy way to get that message out there, Waste Management has invited two rival ad agencies to pitch campaigns with viral potential.

The Ad Store, an NYC-based agency, is led by Founder/Chairman Paul Cappelli who's worked with Coca Cola, Jet Blue and Mike's Hard Lemonade during his 30 years in the business. For Waste Management, his anti-bureaucratic agency begins with a small brainstorming session but then suffers a case of writer's block. Finally, Paul has his "Aha! moment." The idea? The tagline is "Trash Can" which celebrates the infinite number of things that trash can do -- such as power over 1 million homes.

SK+G, an agency in Las Vegas, is known for its work in the hospitality industry. Hoping to generate a maximum number of ideas, the agency begins with a large roundtable under the guidance of Managing Partner Jerry Kramer, and Co-Creative Directors Ray Johnson and Doug Hentges. The team searches for a concept: Ray suggests "Pick it up, America"; Doug proposes "Join the Evolution." Then Ray comes up with a tagline that pleases everyone: "Turning Waste into Wow." The resulting campaign includes social media software that allows people to record/submit video of themselves "talking trash."

+ Reply to Thread