+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For us old timers....

Default For us old timers....

http://now.msn.com/now-plus/0501-spe...mma-fight.aspx

Heh. Reminds me of some Pride matches....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

old man strength FTW!!!!
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Ha!
    that kid will never, ever, live this down.

geez, I am pretty sure I could not have done that 5 years ago,either.

I don't think I need to click the link. I read earlier about Bonnar taping a 53 year old guy who went from spectator to combatant in a one hour time window. I watched the fight, and it was pretty funny. Gotta give it up to the guy. You could tell he definitely knew how to throw punches. He actually survived an early ****storm too. While not a seasoned fighter, he definitely could clear some space in a bar. lol

"Dude, you should be here! I'm drinking Slayer's Heinekins right now!"

- Budo 8/11/2010

IF YOU NEVER WRESTLED, DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW YOU WISH YOU HAD!

Kudos to this guy for being game. And sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this could've been terrible for the sport. This promotion put some random guy in with no physical or background check whatsoever. This could've been an MMA related death.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_side View Post
    Kudos to this guy for being game. And sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this could've been terrible for the sport. This promotion put some random guy in with no physical or background check whatsoever. This could've been an MMA related death.
    I thought about that too after laughing that the old timer put that kid out. I don't know what promotion this was, but the danger of putting someone in with just an hour to prepare who had no training could of hurt the sport...although on that level it would be debatable how many headlines it would of received. Kudos to the 53 year old...but definitely a "WTF" from whatever commission let that one go through.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

that young kid was one of the least intelligent fighters i have ever seen.

the old man kept throwing bombs - young dude never tried for the takedown or submission (he had a few chances). just looking for the highlight reel KO.

props to the old dude.
    “And now...farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked.”

+ Reply to Thread