+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: the offseason

Things I want from the Wings in the offseason:

1. Get younger. That likely means losing both Holmstrom and Stuart, and maybe Lidstrom too (despite all the "he still playing at a high level talk, his contribution has gone down significantly in the past 2-3 years).
    2. Get some grit. Currently they only have Bertuzzi and Abdelkader playing that role.
    3. Upgrade in goaltending consistency, or at least work a 2-man system. Howard is too streaky. He will play amazing for a 4 or 5 game stretch, then just completely crap out for the next 4 or 5.
    MMAF 2x Champion
    2007 MMAF Fighter Of The Year

UFF 1x Champion
    TUFF 4 Champion
    2008 UFF 32 Man Grand Prix Champion
    2008 UFF Fighter Of The Year

EFCF 2x Champion
    2007 EFCF 32 Man Grand Prix Champion
    2008 EFCF Fighter Of The Year

2009 MMAWeekly Fantasy League Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by rear naked mole rat View Post
    problem with that is any team with picks that'd make a trade worth it for calgary would, necessarily, be in rebuild mode.

i hope iginla is traded to see him have his ray bourque year. off the top of my head i don't know where he'd end up without just shafting the flames though.
    Well, look what the Flames managed to get for Phaneuf. They don't exactly make good trades in Cow Town.

I don't think the Canucks need wholesale changes. This early exit may be just what they needed, and mayber Kesler can use this offseason to get healthy.
    They need to keep Schneider, and dump Lu's salary. The thing is, Lu is still a top 10 goalie, not too old, and desperate to prove himself, so who ever gets him will be lucky. The problem is the idiotic length of his contract. His cap hit isn't too bad for a player of his quality. I see him ending up in Toronto, or somewhere in Florida, but I don't expect the Canucks to get much in return.
    There is some tinkering to be done - 3rd line center, get rid of Raymond, shore up the D a bit, but I really don't think too much needs to be done.
    On an aside, Tanev was on my flight to Toronto, and I hadn't realized how small he really is. He seemed about 6 ft, but looked like a thin kid. I'm thinking he needs to talk to Overeem to get some training tips...

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Boston could keep their roster 100% intact and I wouldn't mind one bit

But moves are inevitable, so I wouldn't mind seeing another strong D-Man signed and Joe Corvo shipped to northern greenland
    Unless he signs a one year deal, for less than, market value, Thomas is on his way out. How do you feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by rear naked mole rat View Post
    what would they trade him for though? he's still a top 15-20 forward, so who could they get for him that'd be an improvement? maybe send him off to hated edmonton for one of their draft picks or recent acquisitions.
    Iggy to Philly. Somehow, they have young prospects to spare.

trollface.jpg

Like others have said, Canucks need to trade Lu and make Schneider their #1. The kid is going to be a star goalie in this league, I can just tell. Luongo is one of my all time favorite Canucks and I will be extremely sad to see him go, but with not starting the final 3 games and most of the fanbase turning on him I feel it's in the best interest of both parties. Hopefully Eddie Lack can do good as I see him being the backup. Canucks won the President's Trophy 2 years in a row mainly because they had 2 top 10 goalies...

Get rid of Raymond. Sorry, just not working out. Learn to stay on your skates buddy.

Maybe try and add a top dman.

Really, nothing major needs to be done. I guess trading Lu would be "major" but I see Schneider stepping in and doing just as good, if not slightly better job. A long summer could be what this team needs...Their window for winning the cup is getting smaller, but they should still be one of the cup favorites for at least another few years.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Supafly View Post
    Unless he signs a one year deal, for less than, market value, Thomas is on his way out. How do you feel about that?
    Sad, but alright either way. Rask is 25 and has already shown he can be really good

BTW, The Bruins just made a minor trade with Washington. Sending Zach Hamill to the Caps for Chris Bourque. Son of you know who

........no pressure kid

Hurricanes need a first line winger and they appear to be ready to spend to get one.

They hope to make a big splash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clay Guida beats Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi by Submission (Gulliotine Choke) at 4:27 Rd 2

This sig was bestowen upon me by XXXvaletudoXXX

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloblue View Post
    Hurricanes need a first line winger and they appear to be ready to spend to get one.

They hope to make a big splash.
    They are always a few pieces away from the playoffs.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 29-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

Quote Originally Posted by unspoken View Post
    Things I want from the Wings in the offseason:

1. Get younger. That likely means losing both Holmstrom and Stuart, and maybe Lidstrom too (despite all the "he still playing at a high level talk, his contribution has gone down significantly in the past 2-3 years).
    2. Get some grit. Currently they only have Bertuzzi and Abdelkader playing that role.
    3. Upgrade in goaltending consistency, or at least work a 2-man system. Howard is too streaky. He will play amazing for a 4 or 5 game stretch, then just completely crap out for the next 4 or 5.
    4. If Hudler leaves.. I see them bringing in someone like Ray Whitney or Jaromir Jagr (It makes us even older though).

3. I think MacDonald will be the #2 man in net. I don't see them getting anyone, except maybe Tim Thomas..

2. They need a top six power forward.. Bertuzzi played the role last year, but he isn't a top 6 player anymore. Franzen doesn't play like a power forward.. I would love to see a top line winger to play with either Datsyuk or Zetterberg.. Zach Parise would obviously be the key player in mind and with Lidstrom gone.. that is 6 million more to play with. As for power forwards.. There are not many to choose from.. maybe Doan, Smyth, D. Jones, Penner, Rolston (from MI)..

1. I don't want Holmstrom anymore.. and Stuart is moving to the west coast.. that's 5 million more.. The Wings are going to have some MAJOR money to play with for the first time in a very long time. This is a good thing.. not only do they have options (not as good of a FA market as I would like), but they have plenty of young players looking to step up to the big leagues.. Brendan Smith, Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar..

As for Dmen.. Ryan Suter is #1 on the Wing's list.. but I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Matt Carle replacing Stuart.. maybe Kuba from Ottawa, but he needs a good d partner to work with..

This offseason will be the first exciting offseason in Detroit since 2001 when we signed Brett Hull, Dom Hasek and Luc Robitaille.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 29-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

+ Reply to Thread