+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Your team will draft...

Yeah I see it all over twitter and the forums.

Run defense has been a concern of ours for a while though and I would have really liked to see Bunkely stay. We get gashed alot and some of it can be accredited to our young linebackers, but I'd still like to see a beast DT in the lineup, if only to disrupt.

Warren can be solid, if he stays healthy, Vickerson isnt bad and I'm glad we brought back Bannan.

Probably is smartest to draft another position at #25, but I'd still like to see the position addressed rather than just using stop-gap guys...but then again, yeah, not too many Suhs and Ngatas in the league.

But I have all the faith in the world in Del Rio...We'll find out in a few hours.
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 04-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.

In all honesty I doubt the Broncos make the pick tonight, I think they trade out of the 1st round.

I think Denver's "needs" are Rb, Cb, S, Dt, C/G, Lb. I think Rb, Cb, Lb can make the biggest impact on the 2012 Broncos winning football games. I don't see us getting a starting safety for this season in the draft, gonna be hard to beat out Carter and Adams. I think S, Dt, & C/G are positions in need of depth, while Cb, Rb, & Lb are positions that we have to fill with guys that can play a fairly big role in 2012.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, I would rather take a kid with issues at the top of the 2nd round (Jenkins) who is far and away the 2nd best CB in this draft than taking the 3rd or worse best defensive tackle.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Well after just hearing what Elway had to say, I highly doubt we take a DT in the 1st now.

You're right, we're going impact players who will make a difference day 1, best available player.

**** it, bring it on!

Would prefer not to trade down though.

I like the idea of trading down, expect for the whole watching an entire draft waiting for them to pick only to have them not pick until tomorrow part, for a couple of reasons.

1. The player(s) won't be looked at as having to start from day one.
    2. Having more 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks makes it easier to move around to get guys you target
    3. You get players with a chip on their shoulders because they didn't get drafted in the 1st round (big reason why a lot of 1st round picks end up busts is they get big heads)

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

I'm on board with the Steelers trading out of the 1st round altogether for more picks later. Right now we have 10 picks in this draft (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7) and dropping out of the 1st round and picking up some picks later seems about right for the talent level of this draft. The only reason I can see them staying in the 1st round is if one of the top 5 tackles on the board sinks down to 24 and we can take him there. As I've already mentioned I am not super enamored of the Hightower to Steelers hoopla when we have Timmons, Woodley, and Harrison already. Sure the younger legs would be great but our whole season went down the ****ter last year when the Browns gator rolled Ben's leg. That allowed sub par teams like the 49ers and Donkeys to beat us. We need O-line help...period.

And laughing at Fetal for thinking his team only needs a RG. Did you suddenly forget how your bestest ever defense got lit up in the playoffs? Hate to break it to you...but you weren't the #1 defense in the regular season and you sure as hell weren't in the post season. Watching a Whiners game in the postseason was akin to the local arcade pinball machine...just watching the score jump every couple seconds.

*flame on!*

The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Plus #25 is pretty close to the end of the first round, so unless its a guy you're absolutely in love with, it probably would be better to trade down and get more pics, 2nd round especially.

Still, even for selfish/anticipation reasons, I hope we draft tonight!

1st trade of the day, Browns move up from 4 to 3, think they are going with Trent R.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Heh - forgot that some of you who are fans of the Colts and Redskins are rep'n here. Easy one for you. To make it a bit harder try and pick your next round draft choice since the 1st is so obvious.

I'll join in - after the Steelers pull their usual LB (Dont'a Hightower) I think they pull an O-Lineman next. I will go with:

Mike Adams;;OT;;Ohio State;;6-7;;322;;5.30

He's ranked 3rd for OT in the draft so I am assuming that the 1st 2 will be off the board by the time the Steelers get their 2nd round pick up. Shoring up that left tackle position is a huge priority so we don't end up with Ben doing the one legged QB shuffle at the end of the year.

So Hightower then Adams for us.
    Well I missed on Hightower (thankfully), but got the 2nd round right. Welcome aboard Mr. Adams...now put down the smoke..at least until your NFL career is over (should be about a decade from now when you, DeCastro, and Pouncey are coming off 10 consecutive pro bowls and getting ready for 1st ballot HoF honors).

The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

+ Reply to Thread