+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta420z View Post
    that is not true the sponsorship will start out small (as in no cash but free gear tea shirts etc. ) and later as you begin fighting pro the sponsors will increase what they are paying or supplying. Filthy athletics and gladiator fight gear are local fight gear companies that used to (maybe still do i am not sure i have been away from the local mma scene for awhile.

The way to really find a sponsor is to just get it out there that you are looking . Write out a plan that says I fight this often in front of X amount of potential customers and i will wear your logo add give the company a shout out every time i get a mike in my hand etc. present in a way that lest them know they will get their product out there. Facebook myspace, going business to business whatever the **** you have to do. You will have alot of doors slammed in your face but if it is something that you truly want you will keep at it till you succeed.

Randy Couture started out with ****ing tire barn as a sponsor. So hit up every body be persistent polite and dont give up, and be willing to compromise the first step is to establish a relationship then grow it from there dont ask for to much to fast. Until you prove your worth the sponships wont pay much if anything. you'll get it eventually good luck.
    that's my point. you don't make anderson silva money even with a decent record as a pro. companies/business establishments would ask what can you offer? how different is the ammy & the pros? why not turn pros & get sponsors.

if your gym have other networks use them to contact interested parties.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    that's my point. you don't make anderson silva money even with a decent record as a pro. companies/business establishments would ask what can you offer? how different is the ammy & the pros? why not turn pros & get sponsors.

if your gym have other networks use them to contact interested parties.
    My point was to get the sponsors while you are ammy. To establish a relationship. You can use the ammy status as a bargaining chip and just get your foot in the door.later when you go pro then you renegotiate or move on to a better sponsor.

as far as what the business has to gain from it? The ammy shows here in Oregon still pull decent sized crowds The fcff hasmost of its shows at the Roseland theater (capacity of about 1400 people) For a smaller business that can be a great exposure to a dedicated group of fans.

Another thing the OP might want to look into si finding a promoter that gives you ticket incentives. There was a fight promotion that did mostly ammy fights here in Oregon (Capital City Cage Fights) and James (the Promoter) would let his ammy fighters fighters sell the tickets to his shows.the ticket price was $25 General and $50 for ring side, he would let the fighters keep $10 for gen and 20 for ringside ticket sales.

The athletic commission was fine with this and it does not affect the fighters Ammy status because you are not getting payed to fight you are essentially getting paid to as sales person. So check with the different orgs in your area and see if any of them offer any type of incentive program like this. If not suggest it to the promoter (it is a great way to build hype and fill seats, which will help the org grow and move to bigger better venues)

If you do get to sell tix then sell them every where you go not just friends and family take them to work the grocery store throw **** up on FB every thing the more hype you can sell and the more asses you can put in seats the better it will be for you and the promoter.

Oh yeah one more idea hit all the merch booths at the ammy shows you fight at (there should be some) you will likely be able to get a free gear sponsor which is a good start.

+ Reply to Thread