+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

I'm through a good portion of Chapter 1 now and I'm liking it a lot. I do find, style wise, it is pretty similar to Skyrim as far as the looting system, conversations, quests etc. But it's just does a better job in almost every area

The biggest differences are while Skyrim allows you to roam the entire huge world, this game is much more compartmentalized. More section to section. You can do a lot of things one after the other in the same contained area. Which I'm actually finding I prefer

Another difference is the voice acting and writing......FAR SUPERIOR in this game. I found it to be so bad at times in Skyrim that it was distracting. In this game it's not exactly Mass Effect quality, but it is very well done

Also the combat in this is challenging. I got my ass kicked trying to slash my way through hords of enemies a few times already. You really do need to plan well before these fights, by readying bombs, potions and enhancements. And during, you have to think it out and know when to be defensive and evasive or you WILL get surrounded and owned quick

Great game so far. I'm really starting to love it

P.S. A tip for anyone who's just passed the prologue.....first thing you want to do when you're free to roam the first town is find/buy what you need to get a a new Silver Sword made. You NEED that thing against monsters
    Last edited by PatSox; 04-19-2012 at 08:17 AM.

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

its no Dark Souls
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mifojei#p/a/u/0/NsFlAmRFL8Q

How could you believe that the life within the seed
    That grew arms that reached
    And a heart that beat.
    And lips that smiled
    And eyes that cried.
    Could ever die?

80s music... real talk.

Finally finished it, so here's my review

9.5/10

This is an EXCELLENT RPG. I loved how it started and was intrigued with all the different game elements and leveling I started to see through the first chapter. Got really excited during the beginning of the second chapter, but got a little worried through the middle part of that. Some of the side quests and even elements of the main quests were getting a little tedious and uneventful. I even stopped playing it for almost a week. But it soon picked up quite a bit in every way

Throughout the end of chapter two and all of the final chapter this game is pure genius. The combat is deep, challenging and entertaining. The looting, inventory control, crafting and alchemy are deep and useful. The conversations are interesting, very well written and voice acted. It all looks and sounds great and the story is epic and awesome. Can't wait for the 3rd one

Last edited by PatSox; 04-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread