+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: UFC 145 Fight Card:

I'm with the OP. On paper, this card is complete "eh" compared to other UFC cards. Doesn't mean it won't deliver, could be a great night of fights, but I'm finding it hard to shell out $55 for this thing.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydeathmetal View Post
    i haven't missed or ordered a card in years.
    Oh ****, I forgot who I was talking to.

In that case, I'm looking forward to the fights too.

The headliner, Torres, and Shuab fights are the only ones I care about. The rest to me are "meh."
    "The gods we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a person will worship something, have no doubt about that, either. One may think that tribute is paid in secret, in the dark recesses of his or her heart, but it is not. That which dominates imagination and thoughts will determine life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we are worshiping, for what we are worshiping we are becoming."
    -RALPH WALDO EMERSON

The card looks good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkl View Post
    it seems like the ufc is just counting on the main event to draw everyone in, and most will have a similar attitude to bro cop's initial opinion that who cares about the rest of the card.
    That's it. On the money.

The main match is being hyped and hyped and hyped again (pretty boring) like an MMA soap opera. The card is pretty weak. Sure, the main fight is interesting, and McDonald is very solid. And Griggs has awesome sideburns.

I also like Matt B. because win or lose, he really brings it. But yes, the card is very underwhelming.

There have been worse cards, I think it's the Co-Main that's really getting people's panties in a bunch. While I agree they are banking on the Jones/Evans fight to sell the PPV, the cards overall have been better so far this year. This one is the first weaker card they've put out.
    Last edited by tdog628; 04-17-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Considering the scrapped the Montreal card and combined it with this card makes me really surprised that this card isn't stacked. Plus considering we haven't had a ppv in like 6 weeks makes me think tis card could have been a lot more stacked.

Like other posters have stated, these r usually the cards that end up being great. Also I think if this had a better co main people wouldn't be complaining. Boxing ppvs are 65+ bucks for hd and they only have one fight so I have no problems paying my 55 for just the JBJ vs Rashad fight. The rest is just icing on the cake for me.

+ Reply to Thread