+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: tennessee law makers fighting the important battles

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I see your passive agressive insult and raise you a "**** you"...

So is your argument that people today are just as hard working, not nearly as entitled, and just as fit as ever? You are saying that the rise of reality TV hasn't bred an attitude of self-entitlement, where at one time you had to work hard to become successful has been replaced by if you act like a total dick-cheese douche, you can land your own reality TV show and make millions without any talent (see Jershey Shore)?

Are you saying that despite what studies are suggesting, kids go out and exercise more than ever while neglecting their TVs and video games? Are you saying that the rise of fast food and development of convenience commodities have not made our soceity more prone to instant gratification? Are you saying that the education system and the products of that system are just as great as ever?

I'm confused by your argument. Are you saying that rising obesity rates, poor academic performance, and the increase in entitlements and entitlement spending doesn't suggest that we may live in a society that has become progressively complacent and downright lazy? The TV shows that suggest anyone can become famous regardless of talent or the story in the newspaper or on talk radio talkinf about the lady in the check-out line paying with food stamps is talking on her newest I-phone and buying $50 worth of booze doesn't give people the impression that we are becoming progressively entitled?

I'm not hammering our youth at all and while seeing the next generation of kids as degenerate pieces of **** is nothing new, I'm not really on that bandwagon. The kids aren't the problems, the adults at this point are the problem and half of them are older than me so this isn't a case of someone despising youth. It is a case of taking off the rose-colored lenses and looking at our nation for what it is. We aren't in the Great Depression or live in colonies with a life expectancy of 40years so I can't really say that we are in the worst shape our country has ever seen. However, I can say that there has been a decline within just a generation or two.
    U mad, bro?
    Send lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn-VGXlEsU

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    No.
    America isn't even close to Qatar when it comes to Obesity and related problems.
    Wait... Let me get this straight. You are trying to say a country nearly 1/100th the size of the United States has more obesity related problems just b/c their obesity rate is slightly higher than ours? So you ever use your head when you type this **** or do you just try to flex your wikipedia knowledge no matter how asinine you sound?

The United States is the fattest "developed" country in the world... Would that make you a little happier?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesod View Post
    U mad, bro?
    Nope, I don't get mad at dudes who act like pretentious, passive aggressive douches... Reminds me a lot of the chicks i have to work with. I don't get mad at them b/c they can't help it so why should I get mad at you?

Nope, I don't get mad at dudes who act like pretentious, passive aggressive douches... Reminds me a lot of the chicks i have to work with. I don't get mad at them b/c they can't help it so why should I get mad at you?
    Good. Glad to hear there are no anger issues at all on your end. Was worried for you.
    Send lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn-VGXlEsU

I see your passive agressive insult and raise you a "**** you"...

So is your argument that people today are just as hard working, not nearly as entitled, and just as fit as ever? You are saying that the rise of reality TV hasn't bred an attitude of self-entitlement, where at one time you had to work hard to become successful has been replaced by if you act like a total dick-cheese douche, you can land your own reality TV show and make millions without any talent (see Jershey Shore)?

Are you saying that despite what studies are suggesting, kids go out and exercise more than ever while neglecting their TVs and video games? Are you saying that the rise of fast food and development of convenience commodities have not made our soceity more prone to instant gratification? Are you saying that the education system and the products of that system are just as great as ever?

I'm confused by your argument. Are you saying that rising obesity rates, poor academic performance, and the increase in entitlements and entitlement spending doesn't suggest that we may live in a society that has become progressively complacent and downright lazy? The TV shows that suggest anyone can become famous regardless of talent or the story in the newspaper or on talk radio talkinf about the lady in the check-out line paying with food stamps is talking on her newest I-phone and buying $50 worth of booze doesn't give people the impression that we are becoming progressively entitled?

I'm not hammering our youth at all and while seeing the next generation of kids as degenerate pieces of **** is nothing new, I'm not really on that bandwagon. The kids aren't the problems, the adults at this point are the problem and half of them are older than me so this isn't a case of someone despising youth. It is a case of taking off the rose-colored lenses and looking at our nation for what it is. We aren't in the Great Depression or live in colonies with a life expectancy of 40years so I can't really say that we are in the worst shape our country has ever seen. However, I can say that there has been a decline within just a generation or two.
    Of course you are right and any rational person sees the significant changes happening in our country over the past few generations.

while we're talking about fatties, what's up with mexico? 2nd highest obesity rate and only a third of em get cable?!?!

Wait... Let me get this straight. You are trying to say a country nearly 1/100th the size of the United States has more obesity related problems just b/c their obesity rate is slightly higher than ours?
    Slightly higher rate? Exorbitantly higher obesity rate and rising. On top of that, at least the US's rate is starting to flatten out while other country's are starting to skyrocket. In a couple years time I bet that most countries will be right around that magical 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by lion king 2 View Post
    while we're talking about fatties, what's up with mexico? 2nd highest obesity rate and only a third of em get cable?!?!
    Too hot to exercise, but not too hot to eat McD's.

Other countries full of fatties:
    Saudi Arabia
    Panama
    England
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

+ Reply to Thread