+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Do you expect _____ to improve or regress?

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Gates had 7 TDs, the TE Denver just signed that was a #2 TE in Houston had 6 TDs last year, OH MY LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER GATES IS!

Chris Kuper is a top 3 G in football, nobody on the Chargers is 1 or 2.

You are not more talented, you've had a better QB until this year and QB matters that ****ing much. Yes Manning is clearly better than Rivers, one can retire this second and be a 1st ballot HOFer and 1 can't.

There isn't a single GM in the NFL that would take Floyd and Mecham over DT and Decker, not ****ing 1, not even AJ Smith, stop with that ****ing nonsense. It's like saying well Floyd has proven he is a decent #2 wr and Justin Blackmon hasn't proven anything, clearly Floyd is better to have! Stupid ****ing argument jesus ****ing christ.
    You lost me with any argument that your TE is better or as good as Gates...

I didn't say he was as good, I said injuries have killed his career.

Tamme in 2010 when Clark got hurt had 67 catches for 630 yards. Dreessen in 2010 when Daniels missed time had 36 catches for 520 yards. They aren't probowl players but Gates hasn't had a great healthy year since 2009. When he was on the field in 2010 he was great, but he missed 6 games. In 2011 he was above average not great.

People need to stop acting like Gates is the same guy, the guy has trouble running because of his feet. If he would have came back last year and been dominant the injury issues wouldn't be a problem, but like I said he was not the same guy.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Hey fish, can you change your sig now?

No, not until it's not possible for the Broncos to get Andrew Luck!

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

I didn't say he was as good, I said injuries have killed his career.

Tamme in 2010 when Clark got hurt had 67 catches for 630 yards. Dreessen in 2010 when Daniels missed time had 36 catches for 520 yards. They aren't probowl players but Gates hasn't had a great healthy year since 2009. When he was on the field in 2010 he was great, but he missed 6 games. In 2011 he was above average not great.

People need to stop acting like Gates is the same guy, the guy has trouble running because of his feet. If he would have came back last year and been dominant the injury issues wouldn't be a problem, but like I said he was not the same guy.
    Well, they do say neck injuries are more serious than foot injuries..Peyton is a way bigger question mark than Gates realistically

No they aren't. Foot injuries for players that need their feet to cut and run are far more serious than a guy hurting his neck when the surgery for the neck injury has been proven to make the neck stronger. Ask any doctor and they will tell you Manning has a better chance of tearing his knee up than anything happening to his neck. That's what all of you are just dismissing. The ONLY factor the neck injury has on Manning's preformance is the nerve damage that made his finger numb at times. Given the amount of time he's spent rehabing that it's not a major factor.

The guy didn't have 4 major surgerys done on his neck people, he had 1 then the rest were to clean things up.

Gates has been dealing with his foot injuries for 2 years straight.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

No they aren't. Foot injuries for players that need their feet to cut and run are far more serious than a guy hurting his neck when the surgery for the neck injury has been proven to make the neck stronger. Ask any doctor and they will tell you Manning has a better chance of tearing his knee up than anything happening to his neck. That's what all of you are just dismissing. The ONLY factor the neck injury has on Manning's preformance is the nerve damage that made his finger numb at times. Given the amount of time he's spent rehabing that it's not a major factor.

The guy didn't have 4 major surgerys done on his neck people, he had 1 then the rest were to clean things up.

Gates has been dealing with his foot injuries for 2 years straight.
    Come on bro...The guy hasn't played a game in a LONG Time..Missed an entire season..I don't think its a far stretch to say he doesn't resemble the old Peyton in week 1 and it will be a work in progress during the early portion of the season. It isn't like Brady's injury either, he's going to have a new team, new players etc to get used to. He doesn't have Wayne, Clark Garçon, or Harrison to rely on where he knew them so well after years together. That said, I expect them to win the division, but I don't think they are a powerhouse in the AFC and it should be competitive with the Chargers
    Last edited by Murphs56; 03-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Not arguing sides,

but I have what Gates has and it fu king sucks.

It feels like having a very tender bruise on the bottom of your heel and the longer you're on your feet, the worse it gets.

Smith has more turnovers in his career than touchdowns. It's hard not to see him coming down a little in the numbers department, which migh lead to a few less wins this season for the Niners, but they still should be the favorite in that crap division.

Sanchez will have less TD's this year because Tebow will take some away. And who knows what's up with Santonio.

Dalton? Hate to be superstitious, but not just one sophomore... two sophomores in that main receiving connection. Maaaybe a sophomore slump. Nah he will be fine. Gresham will improve his route running and give him more underneath protection.

Newtons numbers will come down, I think , but I also think he will become more of a winner like he was in college. Beason coming back will shore up some defensive woes.

Kolb and Bradford have to be better, right? I mean, how could they not, especially in Bradfords case.

+ Reply to Thread