+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow is a Jet!

Quote Originally Posted by Budo View Post
    If you read my earlier posts, I said I jury is the ONLY way Tebow ever starts for the Jets.

Sanchez won't struggle to the point where Rex decides to complete abandon any type of passing attack for a one dimensional all ground offense, it just won't happen.

Again, I fully expect Sanchez to play VERY well this year. The best part of having Tebow around is it will make Mark tighten up his game even more than I expected him to do before Tim was in the picture.
    Not sure about that - Suckchez is kind of weak mentally and could easily break under the Tebitch hype. I don't know of any QB who is going to perform better knowing that right off the bat some scrub of a backup is going to automatically get snaps and a lot of the scoring opportunities in the red zone. This move by the Jets has implosion written all over it. I laugh thinking about how Holmes who freaked out last year with just Suckchez to deal with is really going to melt down when Tebitch doesn't even think about throwing the ball to him near the red zone.

Funny stuff.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Marino gets it, its called basic common sense. This is New York, we don't buy into hype or get star struck. New Yorkers don't care about Tebow. We don't want an incomplete player like him starting on our team, plain and simple. All we want and expect of him is to perform well in his VERY limited role. If he can't at least do that, he will be the one getting boo'd.

Check Dan's quote:

Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino said he believes Mark Sanchez has nothing to worry about as long as he plays well.

Marino said Monday he thinks the Jets quarterback should be confident in his own ability and accomplishments and not worry about the arrival of Tim Tebow.

If I was him, I would look at it as, Ive been the quarterback here, Marino said in a phone interview. 'Ive proven myself. Weve won games here. Tebows going to help us.' I dont think its going to take away from his practice snaps and how hes looked at as the quarterback of the Jets.

That being said, Marino knows Tebow can apply some pressure.

The one thing is you look at Tebow, he can win games in the NFL, Marino, a CBS pregame host, said. So there will be a little pressure on Sanchez because Tebow has proven himself where hes won games. Unless Mark is not playing well at all, though, hes going to be the quarterback.

Marino gets it, its called basic common sense. This is New York, we don't buy into hype or get star struck.
    then explain Lin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rock05173 View Post
    then explain Lin
    We won a lot of games with LIN, what's your point?

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

T-T-T-Tebow is a JET
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mifojei#p/a/u/0/NsFlAmRFL8Q

How could you believe that the life within the seed
    That grew arms that reached
    And a heart that beat.
    And lips that smiled
    And eyes that cried.
    Could ever die?

80s music... real talk.

Tebow's gona start for the jets jets jets!

Quote Originally Posted by LiddellBback View Post
    Tebow's gona start for the jets jets jets!
    The ONLY way that happens is if Sanchez gets injured!

No other way, TRUST!

The ONLY way that happens is if Sanchez gets injured!

No other way, TRUST!
    And then Sanchez will have a lingering injury for the rest of the season, if anything just to cushion the blow of losing his starting role to Tebow.

/busting balls.

I've always liked Tebow and still do. I was ok with going forward with him as our QB. I think he'll be in the league for a lot longer than most people think. He deserves a full season or 2 as a starting QB IMO, I think he would do some great things...some bad things too, but he wins...And Rex really likes him IMO. I think you guys would finish just as good, if not better, with Tebow over Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by LiddellBback View Post
    And then Sanchez will have a lingering injury for the rest of the season, if anything just to cushion the blow of losing his starting role to Tebow.

/busting balls.

I've always liked Tebow and still do. I was ok with going forward with him as our QB. I think he'll be in the league for a lot longer than most people think. He deserves a full season or 2 as a starting QB IMO, I think he would do some great things...some bad things too, but he wins...And Rex really likes him IMO. I think you guys would finish just as good, if not better, with Tebow over Sanchez.
    I have to disagree completely with that last sentence. Tim is WAY too one dimensional, defenses can easily catch up to him if that's all a team is running. His best chance of being effective is in the very limited role the Jets plan on using him in. You can't win consistently in this league without throwing the ball. Tim can't throw the ball, Mark can. End of story!

The PRIMARY reason Tim is a Jet is because Rex and him have the same agent. I wouldn't say Rex likes him as much as it's "keeping it all in the family". Their agent's % of all of Tim's business increases exponentially with him being in NYC and having Madison Avenue right there at his disposal. It's called "doing your buddy a solid".
    Last edited by Budo; 04-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.

No, Rex likes him...and You have to think Rex is feeling the pressure after standing up for Sanchez for so long now, as some fans are starting to grow weary of him.

"Kyle Orton is a starting quarterback"

-John Fox

Start liking Tebow, he's gona be your qb eventually!

+ Reply to Thread