+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League Discussion

I can't decide who I want to win the Barca-Chelsea game. I don't like either team, and especially hate Chelsea as a Fulham fan. I want the winner of Bayern-Real to win it all (please let it be Bayern) and I think Chelsea is an easier matchup than Barca.
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

**** fulham's bitch ass

The better team won tonight but I think Real will win in the Bernabeu, think away goals might come into play.
    Mike Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

Yeah. I was so pissed when Bayern gave up that goal. They played great defense all night except for that one lapse. Kinda had to figure Bayern was gonna need at least one goal on the road to advance anyways.

felt like i was watching football not futbol at times...
    also i don't really keep up with all of soccer so anyone mind filling me in as to what's expected to happen at the olympics this summer and the euro? favorites? players to watch for at the olympics?
    Last edited by lion king 2; 04-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lion king 2 View Post
    felt like i was watching football not futbol at times...
    also i don't really keep up with all of soccer so anyone mind filling me in as to what's expected to happen at the olympics this summer and the euro? favorites? players to watch for at the olympics?
    I can't really help ya too much with the Olympics as the only U23 team I know anything about is the US and they shot themselves in the foot at qualifiers. Senegal plays this weekend against Oman in a play-off for the final Olympic spot. One final Olympic note, Beckham is making a push to be on the British squad as one of the 3 over-23 exceptions, just today surviving the most recent cuts for contention.

As for Euro, Spain is the obvious favorite, but Germany and Netherlands are both right there on Spain's heels.
    England could be a dark horse to make a run, but I feel like there's too much off-field distractions for them. I'm pretty sure they still don't know who they're coach is. John Terry is just a huge douche and terrible captain. I don't think Scotty Parker works well as captain, but they haven't officially designated him. I expect it to eventually go to Joe Hart. Jack Wilshere is out for the Euro.
    It will also be interesting to see how France plays in their first major tournament since the embarrassment that was the 2010 World Cup.
    The Group of Death is Group B - Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, and Denmark. All 4 are ranked in the top 10 in the world.

chelsea played a dangerous game in that 2nd half. had they played like that from the start it would've only been a matter of time before barca scored. they seemed timid at first but that stonewall defense had barca frustrated enough for the win. judging from both games though, bayern seems like they can win it all but i'm still gonna root for chelsea. anyone but barca! drogba needs to stop flailing around like a fish out of water though. and lol at beckham. who's everyone else getting?

I think the leading candidates for Brazil to bring are Thiago Silva, Ronaldhino, and either Marcelo, Elias, or Hulk. I have seen any reports for other teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Torres end up on the Spanish squad, especially if he's absent from the Euro squad.

barca-chelsea was game of the year for me. idk how that happened but it did and i will praise the soccer gods for it

I dislike both teams, and I think it was by far the most entertaining game I've watched all year. The funny thing is I tweeted:
    "hahaha Chelsea is definitely done, John Terry with a stupid red card. Jammin his knee up Sanchez' ass" right after Terry's red card...
    "That's the ballgame, disappointing day of futbol, expected this to be an exciting game, but its over before halftime" right after Iniesta's goal...
    "WHAT!?!?!?!?!? Guess this futbol day might turn out alright...shame Ramires can't participate in the final if they're able to hold on" just a minute later when Ramires scored

Pumped for today's Bayern-Madrid game...if Bayern can hold on, I think the final is already over. I didn't see Chelsea beating Bayern at Allianz before, now that they're missing Terry, Ramires, Meirales, and possibly Cahill, I don't think they have any real chance.

+ Reply to Thread