+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
    I'd probably take a shorter game, so that it could entail forking plotlines to really address your decisions more. Besides, that would give it more replay value. It would kind of be like buying a 200 page "choose your own adventure" book that you end up reading 20 pages 10 different times for forking plotlines, instead of reading it once 200 pages straight through. Play a 5 hour game 5 different times instead of one 25 hour playthrough.
    Sounds like you should be buying the Witcher 2 this week then

Okay I finally ran into Conrad Verner for the first time on ME3. At first, I was shaking my head. But once I saw that I actually get 1 point in War Assets for his dissertation on Dark Energy, I couldn't help but crack up. On the one hand, there is no way this idiot got his doctorate. On the other hand, it's even funnier that this **** somehow helps in the buiding of the Crucible.

Oh, and killing Udina immediately made my $60 worth it...not that it wasn't already.

Will the game ever prompt me to play multiplayer (even though I can't), or are you supposed to figure that out on your own?
    2014 Weekly NFL Survivor Champion

Have you tried life in HiFi yet?
    http://www.lifeinhifi.com

Man, **** this game! I can't unlock ****!

I think I'm finally getting close to the end, and I can see what all the fuss about the ending is. I'm about to head to Horizon.

I'm probably gonna spend the next 2 months doing a 2nd playthrough. I went Vanguard this time, anyone have suggestions for a fun 2nd run? I'm not big on Soldier, but anything else is cool. I can't help but have to do my renegade femshep runthrough!

I think I'm finally getting close to the end, and I can see what all the fuss about the ending is. I'm about to head to Horizon.

I'm probably gonna spend the next 2 months doing a 2nd playthrough. I went Vanguard this time, anyone have suggestions for a fun 2nd run? I'm not big on Soldier, but anything else is cool. I can't help but have to do my renegade femshep runthrough!
    Soldier is actually fun this time around because the ammo powers can set up tech bursts and frag grenades are awesome.Choose Energy Drain for your bonus power and select the defensive upgrades for Adrenaline Rush. Good times!

I rented this a week ago. Beat the game earlier today, but without any imported characters or DLC missions, since I was borrowing someone's Xbox.

*********SPOILERS************

I saw through the Star Child's deception, and blew up the reapers.

My biggest issue with the ending was there was no real conclusion. Sure, all the mass relays blew up, the Normandy crashed, etc. But I want to know what happens because of those decisions. I was really hoping for some closure on what happens to each of my companions individually. Or to tell the stories of what each species is planning to do following the destruction of the Relays and Reapers. You know, some story to go off of other than "all the Reapers died, Normandy crashes, the end. Amen"

Another issue I had was that of all the time I put into the side missions and completing every single quest, I still get the same ending. All three endings are the exact same 10 minutes of cinematic, spare 30 seconds and a new color. Where are the elcor I saved? Or the biotic students? They were nothing more than adding a couple extra points on my readiness score.
    "The gods we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a person will worship something, have no doubt about that, either. One may think that tribute is paid in secret, in the dark recesses of his or her heart, but it is not. That which dominates imagination and thoughts will determine life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we are worshiping, for what we are worshiping we are becoming."
    -RALPH WALDO EMERSON

The Geth engineer is badass.
    .Pride is Forever.

Found an extremely fun and unlikely build I have been playing today for multiplayer:

SMASH!!! (Geth Infiltrator)

- Cloak: 5 - All upgrades for melee increase. No need for 6th slot
    - Hunter mode: 6 - All damage upgrades
    - Proximity Mine: Put spare points in. Doesn't matter
    - Network AI: 6- All melee damage
    - Advanced Hardware: All health/shields
    - Appearance: Green skin with Purple secondary
    -Weapon: something really light (Phalanx pistol)

I haven't tried with gold yet, but this is by far the funnest class I have ever played. Its what you would want the Krogan Vanguard to be, but area-of-effect. Only tried it with Cerberus so far. On bronze it is a breeze, and silver I only need to res about 3-4 times on average through the whole mission (mostly on last two waves).

How you play it:
    ***Works best on small maps, kinda sucks in open spaces***
    -Always keep Hunter Mode active
    -Stay in cover, and check for enemies grouped up and/or behind cover with hunter vision
    -Tactical cloak, and sprint behind enemy lines into a mob or the assigned target
    - Spam the SH*T out of heavy melee- minimum of two times
    ---- Kills unshielded in one hit, shielded in two hits, atlas in about 7 or 8 (silver- need a melee damage equipment for gold to do this)
    - Sprint back to "base" or to your teammates, panicking and screaming frantically (since you have no shields)
    -Find cover, wait for shields to recharge
    -When your heartbeat is back to normal, repeat above process
    "The gods we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a person will worship something, have no doubt about that, either. One may think that tribute is paid in secret, in the dark recesses of his or her heart, but it is not. That which dominates imagination and thoughts will determine life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we are worshiping, for what we are worshiping we are becoming."
    -RALPH WALDO EMERSON

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    At that pace, you'll be done by the end of the month, I would wager
    Damn you were close, I just finished it today.

I didn't hate the ending as much as I heard others have. I blew up the Reapers (cuz that's been my goal for 3 games. Not control, not synthesis, but destruction). The Normandy crashed, I assumed Joker and Liara or whomever started a new race, and the Stargazer and his kid were decendents of theirs. It looked like the same planet.

Damn you were close, I just finished it today.

I didn't hate the ending as much as I heard others have. I blew up the Reapers (cuz that's been my goal for 3 games. Not control, not synthesis, but destruction). The Normandy crashed, I assumed Joker and Liara or whomever started a new race, and the Stargazer and his kid were decendents of theirs. It looked like the same planet.
    When you saw Joker and some of your crew mates crash on that planet, were you wondering why and how the hell they were even up there to begin with? I know I was. I mean your entire crew, sans joker, were down on earth. And even though Joker was in the ship, why would he just take off on you like that?

****ing ridiculous

+ Reply to Thread