+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Battlefield 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shooto View Post
    The one class I never ****ed around with (I'll admit it, I've always ****ing sucked at sniping), was Recon. After purchasing the last DLC pack Aftermath, I decided I'd make an effort to get better at it, no matter how many times I died. And I have to say, it's now my favorite class. I'm actually pretty decent now, even using the L96 in close quarters with either a PKA-S or ACOG, and I'm having a ****ton of fun with it.

Looking forward to the last map pack next month, and I really can't wait for BF4.
    Even if you don't like using sniper rifles, you can always use one of the general weapons in their place. M5K is a good one. It's a great class to use in Rush mode. The T-UGS and Spawn Beacon are great tools to have

Although I recommend using the SKS with the flash suppressor and Holographic sight. It's like using a single shot assault rifle, only stronger, more accurate and better range. And the fire rate is higher than the other Sniper Rifles, so mid range, the things is a beast. Pop, pop, pop, pop, no one will survive it
    Last edited by PatSox; 02-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.

I haven't used the SKS yet. I actually just unlocked that and the Barret. I guess I just got the hang of the L96 and then the M40A5, and I was doing so well with both, that I didn't want to get distracted. Using the SKS sounds like the way to go for Aftermath maps, and say Grand Bazaar.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

There is so much **** to do. I LOVE that this game took sniping so seriously, and you have to work at it. Gotta figure out what rifles to work towards first though. I'll have to try the SKS when I can. Finally getting back into leading a target, and LOVE that it has gravity at a distance too. Is there a gamemode on the console that keeps the map size but gets rid of vehicles?

Not into the SKS. Maybe I've given up on it too fast (for now, at least), but it's about as frustrating using this rifle as the MK11. I didn't notice any one-shot-one-kill deaths, and got so accustomed to having to dispense two rounds, that I routinely fired twice because I no longer expected one shot to drop an enemy.

Maybe it was nerfed?

In any case, I'm loving sniping, and look forward to seeing how the Barret and the M39 stack up against the L96 (my favorite) and M40A5.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

I really want the m98. As for the SKS, great with no score just iron sight on mid to close range. In having a bitch of a time ranging past 300 though with the snipers

Any tricks on ranging?

So I went and read up on the different scopes and the mil dots and the lines to determine distance, and the rough mark between each for each gun on each scope. Now I'm about 95% nailing the range at anything under 400, probably about 90%ish between 4-600. My problem now though is the lead time. Counter-sniping isn't a problem, but the bullets move so ****ing slow you need to lead them sooo ****ing much after 200 if you sniping a moving target.

Taking another break from sniping for some domination and working on my assault again, if I don't get distract by the awesome shotgun that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooto View Post
    The one class I never ****ed around with (I'll admit it, I've always ****ing sucked at sniping), was Recon. After purchasing the last DLC pack Aftermath, I decided I'd make an effort to get better at it, no matter how many times I died. And I have to say, it's now my favorite class. I'm actually pretty decent now, even using the L96 in close quarters with either a PKA-S or ACOG, and I'm having a ****ton of fun with it.

Looking forward to the last map pack next month, and I really can't wait for BF4.
    I've started attempting to become an aggressive recon, and I've found the M40 to work at the short/mid range better than the L96 given the faster rate of fire, and easily adjustable for slower velocity. L96 still my long-range rifle till I finally get the M98 tonight.

If none of you have seen it, there is a sight that shows weapon ballistics for the game. http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-comparison#01-01-02-01

Finally got the slug for the SPAS, my KD Ratio just about doubled. Talk about easy mode.

+ Reply to Thread