+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: AL East Discussion Thread

Sorry for how angry this posted sounded. It was before my morning coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout2.2 View Post
    Spoken like someone who knows not a god damn thing about baseball. LOL

They made some stride. I will give them that. Thats one hell of a lineup. That NOW fits in with all the other potent lineups in the east. But to think they are an automatic lock for the division is just assinine. Their rotation isnt all that great aside from Morrow and Johnson, (who has had some arm issues)

And we arent even talking about their horrible bullpen. They dont even have a closer for christs sake. You you give them then division???

Wow where do i begin.

Let me start off by saying there's some risk involved in our roation with Johnson, Buerhle and Romero having down years. But i think Buhrles Johnsons numbers if u take away the wins losses is pretty good. Its just Miami's offense was so horrid, and it showed in their wins and losses. Also Romero just couldn't handle the pressure of being the #1 guy on a team that was suppose to contend. I think he'll bounce back this year being the third or fourth guy in our rotation. I think the Jays rotation is second best in the AL East. Waaaay better then the Yankees. Besides Sabathia I dont think you have any pitcher that would crack the top 4 of a blue jays rotation.

Our batting order was pretty good before Reyes and Cabrera. We had a lot of pop with Jose Bautista and Encarnacian at the 3 and 4, with Lawrie, Rausmas, Lind and Arencebia capable of hitting 20 hr. But now u add the speed of Reyes and the bat of Cabrera (the last 2 batting title winners in the last 2 years, asterisks involved of course) at the top of the order there's really nowhere to hide for pitchers. Also the speed of Davis, Reyes and Bonifico, we are the fastest team in the league. We're gonna make pitchers quiver in their boots along the base pathes and at the plate. No team in the league has a better combination of power and speed. NO ONE.

Also with your last comment, Casey Janssen says hi. Hes the guy that saved 22 out of 25, had a whip of .86 and over a strikeout per inning. We also acquired Brad Lincoln and Steve Delambar for our top outfielding prospects at the trade deadline. These guys have great stuff. Not only that we have Santos coming back from injury. Believe it or not, our bullpen is one of the best in terms of talent in the American league east. You're analysis of our bullpen was probably based on the first half of our season, which you were correct, but man pick up a news paper after the date of last years trade deadline will ya.
    Last edited by nicknobitch; 11-17-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Due Up
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/v75gkz.jpg

Also i find it hilarious that there is an outcry in Miami for making this trade. Because the fans that are bitching are probably the same fans that chanted YES WE DID when they signed lebron james and chris Bosh.

Last edited by nicknobitch; 11-17-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Due Up
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/v75gkz.jpg

Why the hell hasn't this trade been approved yet???
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Pitchers and catchers reported today! I'm pumped!
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    2011 Fantasy Fighting HOF Inductee
    @parsons99

Granderson is out for 10 weeks. This is not good. There really is no power in the lineup anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Granderson is out for 10 weeks. This is not good. There really is no power in the lineup anymore
    It hurts for sure. But at this point, I don't think it matters. I think this season is going to prove that this old team is in line for a rebuilding mode period.

I think don't think we make the playoffs this year.

I'm stoked the Sox shed a bunch of payroll and are looking to revamp this team, but I don't see us winning more than 90 games this year. Its a tough call as to how competitive we will be and a lot hinges on the starting pitching bouncing back. The offense is mediocore and we have some real questions marks starting this season.

This is how I would set the lineup:

1. Ellsbury, CF
    2. Victorino, RF
    3. Pedrioa, 2B
    4. Ortiz, DH
    5. Napoli, 1B
    6. Middlebrooks, 3B
    7. Drew, SS
    8. Gomes, LF
    9. Salty, C

Pretty weak. Big question marks at the bottom half of the order and we will probably bat Ortiz 3rd in reality. We also have real health concerns with Pedrioa, Ortiz, Napoli and Drew penciled in as starters. The bench is medicore.

Rotation: Lester, Dempster, Buchholtz, Doubront, someone else maybe Lackey

Lester had a terrible season last year but its not like he was pitching without velocity like a Lincecum. Not sure what happened but he is stil capable of being a #1. Dempster got lit up in the real league so I don't expect a lot out of him - maybe 14-11 with a 4.40 era. Anything better would be a plus. Buchholz has never impressed me but I do think Doubront could be a solid middle of the rotation starter. I guess we may get Lackey back but that dude is probably done. Bottom line - our rotation is pretty weak and maybe the worst in the division.

Bullpen: Hanharan closer, Uehara, Bailey, Aceves, Bard, Miller, Tazawa

Hanharan is an upgrade at closer and we have a lot of great arms in set-up. This is a very strong unit and arguably one of the best in baseball. Unfortunately, when your starters suck, your bullpen wears down by September.

On paper, this is a very average team with a lot of question marks. I'll hope for the best but we are clearly behind Tampa and NY, and probably behind Toronto and Baltimore. Could be another year in the cellar.
    Last edited by ocmmafan; 02-25-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Did you see the early odds to when the WS?! Toronto was a 4/1 fav to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout2.2 View Post
    It hurts for sure. But at this point, I don't think it matters. I think this season is going to prove that this old team is in line for a rebuilding mode period.

I think don't think we make the playoffs this year.
    I wouldn't say rebuilding. Once they get past the luxury tax year, they'll be spending again. Although, I really want to see what our prospects can do in the coming years. I really want Sanchez, Williams and Austin to work out

+ Reply to Thread