+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will HHH break The Undertaker's streak?

Default Will HHH break The Undertaker's streak?

Anybody got an idea what they are thinking? Why in the **** would HHH break the streak? It wouldn't mean anything, they should have gave it to an up and comer to sky rocket his popularity but now HHH may **** on a legacy just because.....

Apparently it was meant to be HHH v Sheamus and Taker v Barrett... the WWE didn't feel that there was a "special" match this year so they put this one together so HHH could get revenge for Michaels and the Undertaker "ending his career".
    Michaels is expected to be involved in the storyline at some point and possibly be a referee or enforcer for the match.

The best way i've seen it described is the two biggest names in WWE "politics" facing off. I can't help but think that if there ever was a time for the streak to be broken, it will be this year.
    HHH has pulled more **** to get himself over than the Undertaker has IMO, i can't see it sitting well with Taker... but considering the Undertaker's return was somewhat built up with vignettes - and nobody knew HHH was returning at the same time... even just down to how much more time HHH spent posing in the ring before they faced off on Raw last week.

HHH is looking to hog some glory here IMO.

"I Train UFC."

I really hope Taker's streak continues. HHH's ego will probably win out in the end. I think the streak should be preserved until their is some young bull on the verge of superstardom down the road. No idea who that would be at this time, but I don't feel like HHH winning does anything for him other than stroke his ego. Who knows, HHH may do the right thing for the business rather than for himself. I hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tjvike View Post
    I really hope Taker's streak continues. HHH's ego will probably win out in the end. I think the streak should be preserved until their is some young bull on the verge of superstardom down the road. No idea who that would be at this time, but I don't feel like HHH winning does anything for him other than stroke his ego. Who knows, HHH may do the right thing for the business rather than for himself. I hope anyway.
    i agree, like it they can find a new version of Brock who loves pro wrestling as well. thats the type of guy to break the streak, not a veteran like HHH who has been on top for a long time.

I wonder if Undertaker has the power to say he won't job to HHH at Wrestlemania. I actually think the streak will continue because HHH knows he will get more respect for losing then he would for winning. he has to know he will get ripped apart by everyone for a win and that its not good for the WWE. as the probably future head of the company (after Shane left, I would think HHH and Stephanie will take over when Vince is ready, if he is ever ready), the good of the company should be more important then his ego.

I think it's just HHH trying to be involved in a MOTY type of match. HBK had 2 in a row with taker at that last 2 WM's. I think HHH-Taker will end up being match of the night. It was also a strong co-main at WM17. All that said, if anyone has the backstage sway to end the streak, it would be HHH. And I don't care really, I've been sick to death of taker for like 11 years now.

I have not watched any wrestling in years, but I HHH will not break the streak. There is no good reason for him doing so. I am sure he was only given the match b/c there will be people who think HHH has enough sway to end the streak.

Any other match up and there would be no excitement, b/c everyone would know that Undertaker would win. The same will happen now, but at least there is a little bit of intrigue that HHH can use some sway to take the match.

I've taken hints HHH has dropped in a couple interviews that he's not planning on wrestling full time for much longer. He talks about the serious injuries he's been through and the fact that age is starting to creep up on him. Plus he's already taken on a much larger behind the scenes roll and Vince is pushing him to step up and run the whole show sooner rather than later. (at least from what I've heard others say, I can't source that officially)

So my guess would be that HHH will do the job after taking everything Taker has to offer then finally not being able to get back up after the 3rd tombstone. After that he wrestles sporadically while working behind the curtain full time.

Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tjvike View Post
    IMO only one man has been in a position to threaten Taker's streak... and their matches never made it to Wrestlemania... that man was Brock Lesnar.

He was the only guy in recent years that, if he had've stayed with the WWE could have been convincing enough to give that win to.

Jason beat me to it!!

Meh. **** his streak.

I'm sure I'm one of the few people that feel that way, but for ****'s sake. Outside of one good match a year at WM the guy is all promos and eye rolls.

I was 6 once, it was a cool gimmick. And, then SC buried him. Undertaker as that character, was done to me.

He comes back as like this biker who likes Kid Rock and he's a mean dog in a yard or something. Beats up ric flair, made J.R. kiss some ass.

Then he leaves. Comes back, and he's the Deadman again. Hooray!!

**** his tombstone, **** his throat cut, **** his "MMA-Zombie" type bull****.

I cannot think of one other gimmick that has been so overdone for so long. Scripted or not, I'm sick of mark calloway and his stupid ****.

There, I said it.

+ Reply to Thread