+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire Discussion Thread!

Now there's a F#cking episode! Addressed all our concerns.

RIP Owens. I was shocked. But I guess i always expected his demise due to his relationship with Margaret.

He was a solid character. Will be missed.

Knucky is is trouble now.

Saw Owen's death a mile away but really really liked how they killed him off. Great scene at the end. Sad stuff.

And my boy Gyp being as badass as ever! Hahahaha eeeeevil!
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-19-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    Now there's a F#cking episode! Addressed all our concerns.

RIP Owens. I was shocked. But I guess i always expected his demise due to his relationship with Margaret.

He was a solid character. Will be missed.

Knucky is is trouble now.
    I saw Owen's death coming a mile away. Almost as predictable as Jimmy's. Nucky will be fine

Another episode where nothing happens until the last 4 minutes of the show.

It is possible that I missed something in the middle of the show. Cause I fell asleep. Yup, the show is now putting me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    Another episode where nothing happens until the last 4 minutes of the show.

It is possible that I missed something in the middle of the show. Cause I fell asleep. Yup, the show is now putting me to sleep.
    Agreed. This episode was better than the last 4 or so, but that isn't saying much. I really hate that they've turned Nelson into a weak character. The guy just took an iron and pressed it to the face of some *******, and now he's some babbling, cowering *******?

Nucky's entanglement with Daugherty is uninteresting. Owen's death should be a positive, but I have a feeling Margaret's reaction will only mean that affair will only eat up more story time. I was really hoping Owen would take her and split, so neither one would be given another minute of dialogue, but the second Owen started talking about leaving in 6 weeks, I knew he was on the outs.

Bobby Cannavale was superb once again, and is the only thing keeping me tuned in week to week. This show is inching dangerously close to being as unwatchable as True Blood.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

You guys are selling this episode wayyy short.

- No Knucky concussion drama..plus no more bull**** (no even in his head) about that actress chick he was f#cking.
    - The scenes with Margaret had a purpose leading to Owens' death.
    - Fat boy blowing his brains off
    - Masseria and Lucky coming together for the heron deal.
    - A couple of scenes with Gyp. That last one with the shovel was brutal.....doing his right hand man cousin like that.

Pretty good. Especially for the sh|t we been dealing with the last couple of ones.

- No Knucky concussion drama..plus no more bull**** (no even in his head) about that actress chick he was f#cking.
    - A couple of scenes with Gyp. That last one with the shovel was brutal.....doing his right hand man cousin like that.

Pretty good. Especially for the sh|t we been dealing with the last couple of ones.
    There's just too much filler in the show for my tastes. Was last night's episode better? Yeah. But the previous four episodes were awful. So again, that isn't saying much. There's 2 episodes left in the season, and outside of Harrow character killing off Manny, all he's done for an entire season is babysit.

Eli came out of prison and asserted himself as a valuable asset to Nuck's crew, but after those first 3 episodes, he's been languishing in the background. And I can count how many minutes Chalky's been on the show this year on one hand.

I can't stand the direction of Van Alden's character, either. The guy manages to claw himself out of several scrapes, now all of the sudden he can't keep his **** together?

These last two episodes will decide whether I continue to watch the show or not.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

Watched it this afternoon. Solid episode! I was thinking Owen could be in trouble and the way the staged the scene with the crate delivery was dramatic. Gyp is a scene stealer every episode and is going to win awards. I thought this delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Watched it this afternoon. Solid episode! I was thinking Owen could be in trouble and the way the staged the scene with the crate delivery was dramatic. Gyp is a scene stealer every episode and is going to win awards. I thought this delivered.
    I see Emmy's and Golden globes in his future. Dude is going an awesome job.

Just got my chance to watch it last night. I LOVED how they did the Owen Slater death. Predictable, but great. Margerts arm flailing and wailing though was a little much for me.

Gyp is a mad man, and I love it.

I'm hoping they use Owens death to bring Harrow back in to do what he does best, cap fools.

+ Reply to Thread