+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Professional Soccer discussion

as if bayern needed any more help

Let me preface what I'm about to say with the following. I'm not saying Pep is a bad coach. But he has coached one team, and it was arguably the best team ever, even stronger argument for MOST TALENTED team ever.

Personally, I love Jupp Heynckes and wished he still had the drive in him, but unfortunately he doesn't and wants to call it quits after this season. Of the managers that are readily available, Pep is definitely the best option and I'm glad that Bayern was able to pull him, I just hope that he doesn't try to change too much because Bayern is fackin rolling right now. The only thing in their way is slight age at a few spots (Ribery, Robben, Schweini - but none of them are even 30 yet - 29, 28, 28) and injuries. Arjen Robben is known to be a glass figurine, but he's actually held up decently so far this year. Ribery gets the occasional knock because he is literally scared of taking on nobody. I don't think Schweinsteiger is 100% from the achilles injury he had last Spring that hampered him late in the season, especially in the CL Final. Mario Gomez got injured in the preseason and they've been treating him like a baby ever since, which isn't too costly because Mario Mandszukic is playing like a stud. And finally, Holger Badstuber, who MARK MY WORDS, will be the best defender in the world within 3 years (the kid is 23) f*cked his knee up back in October and is missing the rest of the season.

Long story short, I love the outlook for my team
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

Oh also...I love the way soccer rumors work - within probably 12 hours of the news breaking on Pep taking over Bayern, the rumors started for Neymar going to Bayern. Right around the same time, talk of Messi following Pep to Bayern started up.
    Personally I don't think either will happen, I'd put the chances of Neymar at about 10% and the chances of Messi at about 1%. Quite frankly, I don't even want Neymar. I know the kid is freakishly talented, but he's got a bigger ego than Cristiano and really hasn't proven himself against top level talent yet. I would absolutely LOVE to have Messi, who in their right mind wouldn't, but I don't see him leaving Barcelona any time soon, and I really don't see him going to Germany. If Messi leaves Barca at all, the strong bet has to be for Manchester (either one), but again, I don't see that happening.

Bayern couldn't afford Messi, Anzhi Makhachkala from Russia offered $730,000 a week and $730 million release clause to sign him and both he and Barca turned it down, granted part of that was most players would rather not play in Russia but still that's the kind of money you would be talking.

You are right though, Pep was used to a certain type of football that is ingrained in Barcelona, even the youth teams play a similar way, obviously Bayern Munich haven't .

Ronaldo and and Jose Morinho are rumoured for PSG in the summer, they have the money but I don't know if they would want to join French football, Man Utd have said they couldn't afford Ronaldo and and he has said he wouldn't join Man City because he has played for their rivals. Morinho might go to Man City if they don't win the league this year.
    Mike Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

Quote Originally Posted by boonebaker View Post
    Oh also...I love the way soccer rumors work - within probably 12 hours of the news breaking on Pep taking over Bayern, the rumors started for Neymar going to Bayern. Right around the same time, talk of Messi following Pep to Bayern started up.
    Personally I don't think either will happen, I'd put the chances of Neymar at about 10% and the chances of Messi at about 1%. Quite frankly, I don't even want Neymar. I know the kid is freakishly talented, but he's got a bigger ego than Cristiano and really hasn't proven himself against top level talent yet. I would absolutely LOVE to have Messi, who in their right mind wouldn't, but I don't see him leaving Barcelona any time soon, and I really don't see him going to Germany. If Messi leaves Barca at all, the strong bet has to be for Manchester (either one), but again, I don't see that happening.
    Man U wouldn't sign Messi.

Man City? Well that is a different story, they could afford him, but I'm not sure he'd want to come to England! He'd get the sh*t kicked out of him by the likes of Stoke and Wigan!

anyone watching the copa libertadores tonight? i'll be in class but i'll be rooting for leon to get past iquique. they're probably the least likely mexican team to progress on paper but they'll be the most exciting to watch.

Tough break on the Red Card for Man U

saw portugal/israel last night. holy ****. that was a fun match. i guess it's more about portugal being sloppy than israel being great. also, spain drawing with finland? WTF is happening?

Bayern-Barcelona & Real Madrid-Dortmund semis...damn. This $hit should be good. Yesterday I made a bet with my friend, 2-1 odds, I have the German sides, he has the Spanish sides to win it all. I don't think Dortmund has what it takes to win it, but I honestly believe Bayern is the best, and definitely playing the best, right now.

I hated watched Juventus get diced like that, but I do typically like watching Bayern play so I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in the semis.
    MMAF: 13-9 ACFL: 17-14-1 UFF: 17-7-1 EFCF: 17-14 RBM: 1-0 TOTAL: 65-44-2
    Former SBFL Champion

2010 & 2011 OD LW GP Champ
    PROUD Supporter of Sakuraba, CroCop, Sakurai, Wandy, Machida, Misaki, Takaya, Kawajiri and Minotauro!
    Riding the bandwagons of Werdum, Chan Sung Jung, Hunt, Hioki, Shogun, JDS, and Chris Cyborg!
    Hating on Arona and Akiyama!

Remember Andy Hug forever!

+ Reply to Thread