+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Soccer discussion

Brilliant stuff last night, beating Barcelona 2-1. Our goal keeper was outstanding, well basically the whole team and as much possession as Barcelona had they didn't create that many chances and we always looked dangerous when we attacked.

The atmosphere was terrific but we need to get at least 2 points in our next 2 games.

The German teams looked good this week, especially Munich, I can see them getting to the final.
    Mike Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

Quote Originally Posted by cutch View Post
    Brilliant stuff last night, beating Barcelona 2-1. Our goal keeper was outstanding, well basically the whole team and as much possession as Barcelona had they didn't create that many chances and we always looked dangerous when we attacked.

The atmosphere was terrific but we need to get at least 2 points in our next 2 games.

The German teams looked good this week, especially Munich, I can see them getting to the final.
    Haven't had a chance to watch even the highlights of the Barca-Celtic game, but I'm so glad Celtic was able to get the win. Watched about half of the Bayern game, but I was at work and had to miss parts of it. Claudio Pizarro scoring a first half hat trick is a definite sign that the team is clicking as a whole.

If Ajax had been able to hold a friggin lead, Bayern smashing 6-1 wouldn't have been the highlight of my week. I so badly wanted Ajax to beat Man City, but at least they held onto the draw and all but eliminated Man City from moving to KO stage.
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

****, I missed the game, but did anybody see Zlatan go off against England?

Here's his 4th goal of the day, absolutely ridiculous:

And here's Neymar's PK attempt from yesterday:

and to finish the sandwich, Nosa Igiebor of Nigeria's fantastic shot from yesterday

so how's the winter transfer window going for everyone's teams? hopefully ba becomes chelsea's answer to their inconsistency. i kinda doubt it, but at least there's another option besides torres. i've lost all hope for the guy. it's sad really, but he needs to go. hopefully by the summer he'll be gone and falcao in.

i would've liked for sturridge to stay too, but i guess he wanted more playing time.

Spurs STOLE Zeki Fryers yesterday and STOLE Lewis Holtby (won't get him until summer though) today, so I'm pretty excited. If they can manage to pull in Sneijder (as is being thrown around as a possibility landing spot for him), I'll be extremely stoked, he's one of my favorite players. I don't think Bayern has made any moves yet, at least not that I remember seeing. I don't really expect them to make any, except maybe a cheap defender since they've gotten so banged up back there this season. The loss of Badstuber was a pretty big blow, but right now they've got a solid back 4 consistently with some decent rotational options.

and testes..........................

Bayern don't really need anybody boonebaker, they are flying in the league and are clear favourites against Arsenal in the Champions League, they also have a really strong squad and I can see them getting far again in that competition.

Is Juan Agudelo from Chivas any good? we are apparently in for him
    Last edited by cutch; 01-14-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Mike Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

Quote Originally Posted by cutch View Post
    Bayern don't really need anybody boonebaker, they are flying in the league and are clear favourites against Arsenal in the Champions League, they also have a really strong squad and I can see them getting far again in that competition.

Is Juan Agudelo from Chivas any good? we are apparently in for him
    I agree about Bayern not really needing anybody, but it wouldn't hurt to pick up an extra defender because of the injury situation they've had so far and will likely continue to have. Badstuber is out for the whole season which is doubly brutal for me because he's my favorite German behind Schweinsteiger.

You've probably heard of Agudelo...he's a 20 year old kid who made his debut for the US senior squad just before his 18th birthday. He scored in his debut becoming the youngest player to ever score for the US. For the next few months, he looked like the US's next savior, but since then has had quite a few struggles. He was playing with the NY Red Bulls, but wasn't getting as much playing time as was expected for him, partially due to them getting Thierry Henry. He got traded to Chivas last summer, where he played decently. He had been on the outs with the US team, but he got called back in for the game against Russia back in November and got an assist. Haven't really heard too much about him in the last couple months, but he just got called up for the US's January camp (it's almost exclusively MLS players). Long story short, Agudelo has a ton of raw talent, he just needs to refine it. He won't bring anything too special to a team in immediate need, but with the right development, he can be a beast in a few years.

Good news that Boonebaker, in other news Pep Guardiola will become the new Bayern Munich boss at the end of the season, when Jupp Heynckes will retire.

+ Reply to Thread