+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: the pictures you've taken thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    What helped me for practice was shooting at night over freeways and off the side of not that busy streets at night. Made for some cool shots now and then. I'd say make the most of what you live around.
    good call. i forgot about doing that.
    “And now...farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked.”

some recent shots from the arcade building - i have tons to process still, but so far so good.

“And now...farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked.”

That's badass Loki
    The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood sweat and effort.
    So pay freely and travel proudly

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8loco1 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Vale. What's peeked my interest are street shots of light trails. Pics like that look bad ass to me for some reason and i always wondered how they captured light like that. I was messing around with it at home. I set it to Manual, used BULB and it seems that you can literally write with light and it'll capture what you're saying. Pretty ****ing cool stuff.
    You can totally write with light. I've seen people draw cool ass ****. Check your ISO on these, because you don't want it too high and sometimes it works better if you raise it from 100 to maybe 2 or 300. A sparkler with an open shutter does some cool **** too. You can move around and the camera will not pick up your body, only the light as long as you don't stand still. Also, google startrails....I live in an area where we have too much city light, so we dont' get stars....but if you leave the shutter open for like 7 hours...just google startrail photography. It will probably blow your mind.

Here's a couple I've done with some trails:

I posted this before, but it wasn't 'stacked' yet...thanks for the tips guys, you can see the difference between the ones I posted way earlier in this thread...much appreciated to all of you.

Here's another, this i just posted a few pages back...
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

lol, that's pretty cool Vale.
    The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood sweat and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8loco1 View Post
    That's badass Loki
    Thanks dude

Fuwairit Beach

Those beaches look ****ing crazy man.

More beach pics. This was yesterday at the Inland Sea, you have to drive about 45 minutes through some serious sand dunes (see first picture below) to the border of Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Dune bashing is the ****!

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Got the runner up award for my corn picture, I had named it "$GM0,000,000.00"

So...I've got a dilemma... I'm headed to central america, by plane. Going to Mexico City for a couple days, then El Salvador for about ten, then Panama City for about two weeks. I'm totally up in the air whether or not i should bring my Nikkon.

I'm going by myself. I'm staying in decent places, but I'm also going to places that I've never been before. I know better then to be the gringo with the fancy camera. So my plan was to scout out what i wanted to shoot when Im hanging out in certain towns...then the day I leave, hire my driver to drive me by these places, shoot them and be gone to the next town. The countries and beaches are ****ing beautiful and the city is gritty. I can have a lot of good shots, I just have to be careful.

I do have a couple point and shoots. Ive got a nice one that is actually waterproof, so I can bring it with me on my dives. And my morning swims when I'm near a reef.

But...you guys know how it is...and I think most of you would understand because you've also got that itch.

On one hand, its a photographers dream. On the other, I could very well get jacked.

Another option would for me to go old school...bring my 35mm and a holga fisheye that I have. Just walk around with ancient cameras and take some shots. The only formal camera training I've had is B&W film, so I do know how to get the most of it.

What you guys think?
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

+ Reply to Thread