+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Here's the finale:

Deb, enraged with emotion (guilt, regret, revenge) resolves to join Dex and become the judge to his jury and exocutioner (awesome concept Faydee). They become a super-lethal, super-efficient, killing team and eventually have to kill LaGuerta who threatens to stop their righteous (dooms day killer) quest to rid the world of scum. At which point they realize they've become drunk with power and cannot stop themselves -- and they ritualistically kill eachother but not before admitting their more-than-platonic love and sharing their first, and last, on-screen kiss. Dex jr. is found in their blood by the cops hours later, thus repeating the cycle and leaving a fun, open ending.
    Nicely Done

I guess Deb is into it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    I guess Deb is into it now.
    Yessir!

We'll see her actually partake in a killing with Dex before long.

It had to go this way, there's no way she would rat on him and once she brought him the gasoline to burn down the church and destroy evidence, she was already in too deep.

I'm glad too. Her sermons to Dexter were getting annoying.

So that dude from Rome is going to turn all Rome bad ass now.

I am finding the Ukranian Mob plot this season to be really uninteresting and tiresome. Am I alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Purrlinda View Post
    I am finding the Ukranian Mob plot this season to be really uninteresting and tiresome. Am I alone?
    Nah, I dont find it riveting, but at the same time it has more avenues/is more elaborate than Dexter chasing another UBER-serial killer that he eventually finishes off at the season finale..Dont LOVE the Mob introduction, but I think its better than running circles with Dexter solo chasing a mass murder in a race against Miami Metro, again.

That being said, MY THEORY/SPOILER ALERT:

Hana did not poison or tamper with Deb in anyway. Despite doing whatever it takes to keep herself safe, Hanna knows Deb if off limits and thats because of how she feels about Dexter, thats one line she would not cross. Deb overdosed herself, but was conscious of what she was doing. Pass out at the wheel and only broke a wrist along with some bruises? BS. Deb completely set up Hanna here. Dexter is going to feel like a real **** head when he finds out that Hanna had nothing to do with it(not sure how he finds out yet, but it'll happen, maybe a Deb confession out of overwhelming guilt? Doubt it, but just maybe.), that will lead to a mixed emotional clash between Deb and Dexter, which should lead to a crazy finale given that from next week's preview, Dexter gets arrested in suspicion of murder and just how much Deb knows about him.

Come to think about it, I think once Dexter realizes Deb dosed herself, he'll take the blame for the Price murder somehow and get Hanna cleared. Dexter has plenty of connections because he's in a relationship with her, so he can say it was him who poised Price with Hanna's drugs out of fear of Price writing a book about her confession(blame it on love, an act of love). So next week's preview would lead you to believe Dexter gets busted for the Bay Harbor butcher's kills in which Leguertta is heavily investigating, but I think he actually turns himself in or admits to something faulty to save Hana, being that he's the one who falsely accused and sent her to prison.

So you have Deb, the do-the-right-thing, but tough nosed detective VS Hanna, the but-I'm-the-victim serial killer, both with serious ties to Dexter's emotions, none like we've ever seen before. What will Dexter do if he finds out Hanna is completely innocent and Deb set her up?? That it was Deb who crossed forbidden lines, not Hanna?
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 12-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.

MORE SPOILERATION:

Oh and I think the smoking gun to Dexter's wrongful suspicion against Hanna will be what he tried to collect against her. Water drugged? Yes, but the hair he found in the bathroom that he seemingly believed to be her's? Thats Astor's from when Harrision, Astor and Cody had to stay at Deb's house for a week or so.

So the finale ends with Dexter being taken to jail and trail. Next season's first few episodes deal with Dexter's trial, but because of guilt, Deb finds a way to get Dexter off the hook. Then the season is Dexter dealing with a whirlwind of emotion, caught between Deb's betrayal and the fact that Hanna is the only person, despite her trifling ways, that he ever really could have/should have trusted. ...Thats probably hard for him to swallow, especially given how he finally let Deb into his world and she went behind his back.

Hmm....I wont claim this as one of the best shows on television, but this season is 10x better than the last. The acting his pretty stellar too, aside from Hanna, but she's believable most of the time so it doesn't bother me too much. The scene when Deb tells Dexter she's been in love with him for a long time, outside on the patio?? Holy crap "Deb", or whatever your real name is, well done...holy ****, what an eloquent mess of awkward, raw emotion, love, truth and anger...Well done miss, well done.

There's another season?

Here's my deal:

Deb set Hanna up, like you said.
    Dex takes blame, like you said.
    Deb cracks and takes blame for everything, including Bay Harbor, to save Dex.
    Deb is put away for life, Dex take Harrison on boat, rides off into sunset, never to be seen again.

I like where they're going, plot-wise, but at the same time find myself not caring about any of the characters. For this reason, watching Dexter has become somewhat of a chore.

I agree. Said this a season or two ago: they need to wrap this up and go out on a high note before this show completely loses it's mojo and becomes a tabloid. I'd go out guns blazing next week and call it quits.

+ Reply to Thread