+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1555

Thread: ***The Official Vancouver Canucks Discussion Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    More bad news:
    Wonder why the Luongo trade is taking so much time? Lack out 6 months with hip surgery. So... who would back up Schneids?
    Maybe the trade would involve a goalie from the other team who is capable of being that back up?
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Maybe the trade would involve a goalie from the other team who is capable of being that back up?
    Exactly. So, who would that be? The goalie coming back would not/could not be the principle of the trade. The principle must be either a physical d-man and/or a centre. Now, what teams can fulfill that?
    Having no destination, I am never lost.
    --Ikkyu

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    Exactly. So, who would that be? The goalie coming back would not/could not be the principle of the trade. The principle must be either a physical d-man and/or a centre. Now, what teams can fulfill that?

I honestly have no clue.

I really wouldn't be upset if Luongo stuck with the Canucks all year. In a short season like this, having 2 #1 goalies could come in handy. Granted the Canucks do have holes that need to be filled...The return of Kesler and Booth will help with that though.

I just hope Gillis sticks to his guns and doesn't trade Luongo from something that he doesn't deem close to equal value. Can't just give away an all-star goalie.

Luongo gets the start again tonight. Very interesting...

Lu with the start, Lu with the shutout. Maybe it's because there is so little pressure on him, but he looks so damn calm and technically sound in there so far. He ALWAYS has terrible starts to the season but has had a really great one this time around. As each game goes by i'm starting to think maybe they just might keep the guy for this shortened season...Especially since Lack is out now.

Kassian! 5th goal in 7 games. Hey, good things happen when you play with the twins!

And Garrison finally got a goal, although it was pretty weak. Oh well, he seemed to shoot it a couple times after that so maybe it will help get him going.

Overall a good game. Going to be a doozy on Friday vs Chicago. I wonder who will get the nod...Gotta go with Luongo coming off a shutout, no?

Game was definately better. Twins starting to show signs of life, Kassian may be for real. Having said that, Raymond still seems allergic to the middle of the ice, Hamhuis apparently forgot how to play hockey, and the goalie controversy is real.
    As well, Tanev is suddenly a goon...

I'm not taking too much outta that game. It was the Avs without a first line. There are signs of players getting in shape and finding their timing. Chicago will be a true test.
    --Ikkyu

^^^^ agreed

And Luongo gets the start.

I still don't see why this has to be a controversy. They both get along extremely well and are team guys first. Ride the hot hand as far as i'm concerned. You have both goalies right now so might as well use both.
    Last edited by airjasper; 01-31-2013 at 02:58 PM.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

It was going to be hard enough seeing Luongo leave...Now when they trade him it's just going to be that much tougher. I big part of me still can't believe that a goalie of his caliber is getting shipped out.

I know i'm repeating myself, but I really hope he gets one more run this season with Vancouver. This is not a knock on Schneider at all. I still think he is an unreal goalie...Haha, but it's Lu.

What impact, if any, do you guys think this has on a Luongo trade?

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

It was going to be hard enough seeing Luongo leave...Now when they trade him it's just going to be that much tougher. I big part of me still can't believe that a goalie of his caliber is getting shipped out.

I know i'm repeating myself, but I really hope he gets one more run this season with Vancouver. This is not a knock on Schneider at all. I still think he is an unreal goalie...Haha, but it's Lu.

What impact, if any, do you guys think this has on a Luongo trade?
    Maybe the Toronto media will stop with the "Gillis is asking too much" sh1t.

Chicago was the better team that's for sure, but I'll take the points.
    --Ikkyu

+ Reply to Thread