+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 168 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1671

Thread: ***The Official Vancouver Canucks Discussion Thread***

Who would the Canucks possibly get from the Islanders? I don't see Luongo actually wanting to waive his ntc to go to a complete non-contender like NYI either. Buuut I think a deal could be coming pretty soon here. They need to just get this over with so that we don't have to here about the controversy every single hour of every single day.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Who would the Canucks possibly get from the Islanders? I don't see Luongo actually wanting to waive his ntc to go to a complete non-contender like NYI either. Buuut I think a deal could be coming pretty soon here. They need to just get this over with so that we don't have to here about the controversy every single hour of every single day.
    The main other team that is rumoured here is the Caps. Maybe a 3-way deal coming that includes Fla? Just 'cause they don't have assets the Canucks need doesn't mean they don't have assets.
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

Quote Originally Posted by sonzai View Post
    The main other team that is rumoured here is the Caps. Maybe a 3-way deal coming that includes Fla? Just 'cause they don't have assets the Canucks need doesn't mean they don't have assets.

This is true. I just hope Mike actually sticks to his guns and gets something close to equal return for Luongo. The guy is an all-star calibre goalie and you don't just give players like that away.

What a game!!! Finally get that first 'W'. A couple notes:

1) Schneider had a great bounce back game. His first period pad save against Iggy was a beaut. Then late in the third he made another great pad saving keeping the puck out. 4/5 saves in the shootout to get the Canucks their first win. The only 2 goals that went in were perfect shots, going off the post and in.

2) Canucks need to stop blowing 2-0 leads. Jeebus. Still early in the year though. These are essentially exhibition games.

3) Hurry back Kesler...and also Booth.

4) Raymond, what a wrister that was. Hopefully it gives him some confidence. He has been falling a lot less than usual i've noticed.

and finally...

5) I was really feeling nervous about the Hodgson for Kassian trade...Hodgson will no doubt turn out to be a great player for Buffalo....But so far Kassian has really impressed me. The guy not only has size but some smooth hands. He's going to develop into a real force I feel. His shootout goal made Kipper look silly.

I know I said I wasn't going to spend any money on anything NHL related...But screw it. NHL Center Ice is only $50 and I need to watch me some Canucks hockey!

Yeah, game was better but still not looking great. Impressed with Raymond and I thought Schroeder looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Yeah, game was better but still not looking great. Impressed with Raymond and I thought Schroeder looked pretty good.
    Schroeder didn't look out of place. Well, except for that penalty he took. He's going on pure adrenaline and youthful vigor right now, so we'll wait and see.

Kassian looked fine, even beyond the offensive output. Garrison played like sh1t.
    -- Camus

Schroeder didn't look out of place. Well, except for that penalty he took. He's going on pure adrenaline and youthful vigor right now, so we'll wait and see.

Kassian looked fine, even beyond the offensive output. Garrison played like sh1t.
    Garrison didn't have his best game, thats for sure. But the first 2 I thought he was one of the better dmen out there. He just needs to build some chemistry with the guys and then we will see him unleash his howitzer a lot more often. Doesn't want to get on the defensive sh!t list like Ballard was/is haha.

Which brings me to my next point. I find it very annoying how we can't even spell the word sh!t on this board...Is it really that bad of a word?

Well, that was a fine effort. The Ducks got nothing to b1tch about really - those penalties were all pretty legit in today's NHL. Ginger Jesus is back. Lines other than the Sedins looked good. Looking up (a bit).
    -- Camus

Well, that was a fine effort. The Ducks got nothing to b1tch about really - those penalties were all pretty legit in today's NHL. Ginger Jesus is back. Lines other than the Sedins looked good. Looking up (a bit).
    Definitely better, but that was the closest 5-0 game I've seen in a while. Hiller let in some ****ty goals, and allowed those two cross crease passes from the twins. Can't really complain about the lack of secondary scoring though.

Mason Raymond scored two goals? Wow that must feel encouraging

Nuck fans, I really think this may be your year. And if my team isn't there and you guys are facing the Pens or Rangers or Flyers etc, you can bet your blue and green asses I'll be rooting for Vancouver to finally break through

That's too damn good a fan base to have to keep suffering without a cup

+ Reply to Thread