+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 164 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1637

Thread: ***The Official Vancouver Canucks Discussion Thread***

  1. #971
    MMAWeekly Elite Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    22,209

    Default

    Luongo goes to Toronto. Burke will recognize this is one of the only ways he saves his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Supafly View Post
    There's no need to go Fox News on this shit, you fucking dildo.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    This is me vs you. One on Bum!

  2. #972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Luongo goes to Toronto. Burke will recognize this is one of the only ways he saves his job.
    If Bobby Loo had a hard time with the pressure in Vancouver, Toronto will be a pleasant dream for him...

    o.o

    No, he's going to Tampa Bay, or Florida.

    His wife is a stubborn pig headed Italian broodmother who first refused to move to Vancouver and made Bobby Loo fly down to Florida to go see him all the time the first two years that he joined Vancouver. And the MOMENT she moved in with him in Vancouver, he lost his mojo, he lost his balls. Her whole entire family is in Florida, she wants to be near them, and you can bet your sox that she's asking him to pick those two teams.

    I don't know how much longer Theodore is signed for, but Flo would surely consider bringing Loo back to his original team, and TB is in DIRE need of a goalie. Florida probably has more assets to offer, but TB also has some young up and coming talent.

    Besides, Burke is done for in Toronto, the Kessell move completely sabotaged his tenure, and the Leafs aren't even lose to being rebuilt.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky Supafly; 04-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  3. #973
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Kesler has shoulder surgery...6 months to recover. Damn. Might explain why he looked so blah all year.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  4. #974
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Going to be a sad day when Luongo is gone ...He has handled this whole situation extremely well. The guy will forever be one of my all time favourite Canucks, and whichever Eastern team he ends up with will instantly be my (very very distant) second favourite team.


    I'm very excited to see what Schneider can do, as I believe he will be an All-Star calibre goalie...But ya, bittersweet.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  5. #975
    Senior Member sonzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Slurrey, BC
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Going to be a sad day when Luongo is gone ...He has handled this whole situation extremely well. The guy will forever be one of my all time favourite Canucks, and whichever Eastern team he ends up with will instantly be my (very very distant) second favourite team.


    I'm very excited to see what Schneider can do, as I believe he will be an All-Star calibre goalie...But ya, bittersweet.
    Well, you can always follow him on twitter for fun like this:
    http://canucksarmy.com/2013/1/11/str...-the_ironsheik
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

  6. #976
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    I know Henrik and his wife Johanna a bit. Talking to her yesterday she said there was never any chance he would play in Europe this year, but if the season was scrubbed, then he would have gone, but her and the kid s would have stayed. As well, they recently bought a new house in Southlands (largely for her horses), which makes me wonder what their plans are for his next contract. They really like Vancouver, so I strongly suspect they are planning on staying.

  7. #977
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    I know Henrik and his wife Johanna a bit. Talking to her yesterday she said there was never any chance he would play in Europe this year, but if the season was scrubbed, then he would have gone, but her and the kid s would have stayed. As well, they recently bought a new house in Southlands (largely for her horses), which makes me wonder what their plans are for his next contract. They really like Vancouver, so I strongly suspect they are planning on staying.
    That's awesome. How do you know them?

    I really hope those 2 are Canucks for life. Everything i've read in the news points to them loving it in Vancouver. I just pray if they do stay they can at least get 1 Stanley Cup. Would be a shame if those 2 didn't.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  8. #978
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    That's awesome. How do you know them?

    I really hope those 2 are Canucks for life. Everything i've read in the news points to them loving it in Vancouver. I just pray if they do stay they can at least get 1 Stanley Cup. Would be a shame if those 2 didn't.
    We know them through our kids.

  9. #979
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    David Booth out 4-6 weeks as well. Their second line has been decimated. Not the end of the world though.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  10. #980
    Senior Member sonzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Slurrey, BC
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    David Booth out 4-6 weeks as well. Their second line has been decimated. Not the end of the world though.
    More opportunity for the Honey Badger. Good.
    The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
    -- Camus

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts