+ Reply to Thread
Page 992 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 492 892 942 982 990 991 992 993 994 1002 1042 1092 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 11382

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw with no spoilers.

Flight - waste of time out of 10
    ACTUALLY, PRETTY DAMN FUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by gtwinger View Post
    Alex Cross 2/10 - I'm not sure where I got the 2 from.
    You didnt like Madea gets a badge??!

Quote Originally Posted by sooner2 View Post
    Killer Joe

A controversial nc17 film released in 2011/12. Emile Hirsch plays a ****up Dallas trailerdwelling guy who has gambling and drug debts. He comes up with the idea of killing his mother for insurance $$. His father, a dimwitted weakwilled dolt, agrees with him. They hire Joe to do the job. Matt McConoughey plays Joe; a crooked Stetson and truckstop sunglass wearing Dallas cop who does contract kiling on the side. Hirsch works out a deal with Joe whereby Joe gets to have sex with Hirsch's 12 year old sister as prepayment. As one would imagine, bad things happen as we watch this trainwreck take shape.

This film was highly criticized for its controversial subject manner. It does contain some violence and fullfrontal nudity. It also has a scene where a beaten woman is forced to fellate a KCF drumstick.

While it may sound like much of the above is just merely attention grubbing, it actually is not. This film held many tribute elements to dark, dark American Noir; albeit with a PWT twist. I thought it was a bit like Real Bad Things....but far, far more dark. It contains many scenes shot in rainy dark night situations and has landscape shots and thunder shots. It also contains a pitbull who barks and doesn't bark in certain situations. I also like that they've named the dog Tebow; and he represents a bit of a 'moral' overseer. Also features a song by the Reverend Horton Heat, so I had to take at least a passing interest.

I also liked how the film was shot using abondoned and sparsely populated, run-down seedy locations. This furthers the "underbelly" illustrations of the way these people live. Two early meeting scenes with Hirsch and Joe are shot at an abondoned poolhall and an abandoned Wooden Rollercoaster and have obvious symbolic meanings.

There is an intersting plot twist as we watch the killing/insurance scam unfold. There is also much hidden in the family dynamics of Hirsch and his father and their 12 year old sister/daughter that they choose to whore out to Joe as payment. These hidden dynamics unfold as the trainwreck runs off the track to a violent conclusion that catches us a bit offguard.

I found this film interesting. It meshed elements of dark humor (at times so dark that it left you dumbfounded), along with a decent murder plot. It also handled thoroughly disgusting subject matter which was filmed in a way that makes one creep inside. It was refreshing to see McConoughey take on a dark role and escape from his usual mindless romcom fare. Nearly all characters were disturbing and unsympathetic.

By no means an uplifting film; and not a great film either. Still...3 days after viewing it, I find myself rethinking aspects of it. As such, I have to rate it reasonably strongly.

4/5.
    I need to watch this movie. Thanks for the breakdown.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner2 View Post
    Killer Joe

A controversial nc17 film released in 2011/12. Emile Hirsch plays a ****up Dallas trailerdwelling guy who has gambling and drug debts. He comes up with the idea of killing his mother for insurance $$. His father, a dimwitted weakwilled dolt, agrees with him. They hire Joe to do the job. Matt McConoughey plays Joe; a crooked Stetson and truckstop sunglass wearing Dallas cop who does contract kiling on the side. Hirsch works out a deal with Joe whereby Joe gets to have sex with Hirsch's 12 year old sister as prepayment. As one would imagine, bad things happen as we watch this trainwreck take shape.

This film was highly criticized for its controversial subject manner. It does contain some violence and fullfrontal nudity. It also has a scene where a beaten woman is forced to fellate a KCF drumstick.

While it may sound like much of the above is just merely attention grubbing, it actually is not. This film held many tribute elements to dark, dark American Noir; albeit with a PWT twist. I thought it was a bit like Real Bad Things....but far, far more dark. It contains many scenes shot in rainy dark night situations and has landscape shots and thunder shots. It also contains a pitbull who barks and doesn't bark in certain situations. I also like that they've named the dog Tebow; and he represents a bit of a 'moral' overseer. Also features a song by the Reverend Horton Heat, so I had to take at least a passing interest.

I also liked how the film was shot using abondoned and sparsely populated, run-down seedy locations. This furthers the "underbelly" illustrations of the way these people live. Two early meeting scenes with Hirsch and Joe are shot at an abondoned poolhall and an abandoned Wooden Rollercoaster and have obvious symbolic meanings.

There is an intersting plot twist as we watch the killing/insurance scam unfold. There is also much hidden in the family dynamics of Hirsch and his father and their 12 year old sister/daughter that they choose to whore out to Joe as payment. These hidden dynamics unfold as the trainwreck runs off the track to a violent conclusion that catches us a bit offguard.

I found this film interesting. It meshed elements of dark humor (at times so dark that it left you dumbfounded), along with a decent murder plot. It also handled thoroughly disgusting subject matter which was filmed in a way that makes one creep inside. It was refreshing to see McConoughey take on a dark role and escape from his usual mindless romcom fare. Nearly all characters were disturbing and unsympathetic.

By no means an uplifting film; and not a great film either. Still...3 days after viewing it, I find myself rethinking aspects of it. As such, I have to rate it reasonably strongly.

4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    I need to watch this movie. Thanks for the breakdown.
    Edit: Man, that joke was even too fucked up for ME. Sorry
    Last edited by PatSox; 02-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Edit: Man, that joke was even too fucked up for ME. Sorry
    Dammit, I missed it. I'm guessing it had something to do with me bangin a 12 y/o

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    Dammit, I missed it. I'm guessing it had something to do with me bangin a 12 y/o
    ummm NO!!!.........alright, yeah

End of watch was exactly how I thought it would be 8/10

Still waiting for argo to be rentable on my playstation

Oh and here comes the boom was hilarious 8\10

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3y View Post
    End of watch was exactly how I thought it would be 8/10

Still waiting for argo to be rentable on my playstation

Oh and here comes the boom was hilarious 8\10
    Noobroom.com

Guy puts up a ton of movies, old and new....and I mean new. Argo, The Master, Django, The Hobbit, Zero Dark Thirty, Skyfall, Silver Linings Gay Book, Seven Psycopaths, Lincoln. They're all there. Plus a ton more

You just watch them all off the site, youtube style. And the quality is always damn good. Just copy and paste whatever URL he has on the front page to get there. Best way to search for what's new is "By Release Date"

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Noobroom.com

Guy puts up a ton of movies, old and new....and I mean new. Argo, The Master, Django, The Hobbit, Zero Dark Thirty, Skyfall, Silver Linings Gay Book, Seven Psycopaths, Lincoln. They're all there. Plus a ton more

You just watch them all off the site, youtube style. And the quality is always damn good. Just copy and paste whatever URL he has on the front page to get there. Best way to search for what's new is "By Release Date"

You're welcome
    Holy Jeebus. How is this site up and running?
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    Holy Jeebus. How is this site up and running?
    they change their something2x daily?
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

+ Reply to Thread