+ Reply to Thread
Page 978 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 478 878 928 968 976 977 978 979 980 988 1028 1078 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 11767

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw with no spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bak3d View Post
    Agreed, but for the common movie watcher this is how they see The Hobbit.
    so did you rate it as a "common movie watcher" or as a person who read a light-hearted book? the grim part is in the last third & the way tolkien wrote the dwarves were rather whimsical since he wrote it for his kids.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

after reading Shooto's Killer Joe review i could really go for a chicken wing right about now?

anyone else?

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

So glad I am seeing other people point out that Lawless was crap. Someone was trying to convince me of how amazing it was.

DjangoOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Pretty fucking GREAT

I guess I'll elaborate. First off, how does he write this stuff? About 30 minutes in, there is a scene in the town of Doughtry Texas, where it reaches a point of revelation ("You owe me $200") that I had to stop and ask myself, seriously....how the hell does he come up with these situations and how they play out? That is the genius of Tarantino

For something so violent, dark and dealing with such a set of bad situations and treatment of people, this is one fun friggin movie to watch. So ridiculous, but intentionally so. It's a visceral, larger than life presentation. Clever and hilarious at times, shocking and heavy at others. But always keeps you glued to the screen.

Like every Tarantino movies there are scenes of characters giving long self indulgent speeches on odd subjects. Dicaprio has one particularly cringe worthy one. His character is one nasty dude. His southern aristocrat exterior barely covers an evil sadistic bastard hiding just under the surface. He plays this character perfectly. Sam Jackson also does a good job playing something so different than what we're used to seeing him play. Waltz and Foxx are both very good in their rolls and make a great pairing

Tarantino's cameo was pretty damn funny. Don Johnson was great. Walton Goggins in his short time, was very good as well. A lot of people in small rolls came through here, but the story is the star here

9.5 / 10

Last edited by PatSox; 01-08-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Django Unchained.....9 out of 10

First, right off the bat, just another triumphant soundtrack in a Tarantino movie. The songs in his films are always perfect at the right time and this was no exception.

Just like Patsox stated, Tarantino is right back at it again with his wizardry of script writing. This movie can just be quoted in an entire thread of it's own.

" Did I say we ain't wearing bags? It's a raid! Who cares if you can see! Can the Horses see!? That's all that matters! " --Big Daddy

Acting performances, acting performances. ****, who wasn't good in this movie?

Christoph Waltz
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Samuel Jackson
    Jamie Foxx
    Don Johnson
    Goggins and Tarantino in limited time.

Only knock I can think of is Leo was a little overpowering in his scenes with Waltz. I had Waltz slightly better than Leo but Leo was damn good. His sweet, southern hospitality coverup for a sadistic maniac was just portrayed perfectly. Cristoph in he first 30-45 minutes just had you locked in waiting to hear what he was going to say next.

Great movie and should be a fun night at the Academy Awards.

Zero Dark 30: 9/10

Another great movie by bigelow. It's very similar to hurt locker in respect to things such as pace, with a slow, methodical pace throughout the entire movie. Yet, I found it to be engaging and filled with tension, even when seemingly, nothing is happening. I also like that it is not an action movie at all, but a story of one person's obsessive campaign to find 1 man, that takes her approximately 10 years. If you liked hurt locker, you'll probably like this.

Sinister: 9/10

I didn't expect much or really anything out of this movie, but I was blown away. It's simply a very well done horror film, no gimmicks or comedy twists. This was probably the best horror movie I've seen in the last decade. Rather than throwing a monster down your face constantly, he is mentioned but rarely seen. The terror comes from the use of light and noise throughout the movie. It rarely relied on crazy CG creations or things jumping out of nowhere every time the music got tense, which made it all the better when something did pop out. The cinematography was excellent and the effects were subtle, but unsettling. The story was great, well paced, and had a fantastic and "believable" ending. Best of all, it was actually kinda freaky, which isn't something I've said about a movie in forever.

Dredd 3D: 8/10

Nothing will ever replace the original in my heart, but this is just a better movie. In many ways, it's pretty cliched and predictable. 2 Judges are trapped in a tower, and are being hunted by the gangs within, being controlled by the gang on the top floor, which they must get to, in order to survive. Most things play out about how you'd expect, but in the end I didn't care because it was done well. It was a sci-fi, post-apocalyptic comic book adaptation, done on a budget, and it was good. It looked awful but opened to solid reviews, so I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did.

Lincoln: 8/10

A movie about the last few months of lincoln's life, during which time he was trying to get the 13th amendment passed. It's an intriguing tale of politics, and perseverance, but not without it's flaws. The first 30 minutes or so, are not very good at all. It feels very cliched and I feared it was going down a road that would have led to a mediocre movie. Luckily things start picking up around the time Lincoln starts trying to pass the amendment. Many interesting things were explained about slavery, the war and 13th amendment. Likewise I felt that most the scenes with his family, especially his children, were pointless and forced. I know the movie was supposed to be somewhat historically accurate, so they needed to be in the movie, but the scenes felt tacked on, for needly drama, and time padding. During the first half of the movie I felt that DDL was wasted on the role of lincoln. He was doing an OK job, but honestly, he could have been replaced by anyone at that point. However, about half way through the movie, things picked up for DDL, and his performance went from ho-hum to oscar worthy. Some scenes really knocked me back. The movie got better and better, until the end, which was awful. There was a good natural ending point in there, but he kept it going for a few more pointless minutes, destroying the climax of the movie. It says something that I could know that the amendment would get passed, but was still on the edge of my seat, crossing my fingers when the final vote and initiated.
    Los Angeles Lakers are the Best cuz Samoa said so...
    UFF: 41-21-1 (3x Former Champ)
    MMAF: 1-0-0
    EFCF: 50-29-0 (3x Former Champ)
    ACFL: 17-8-2 (Former Champ)
    Overall: 107-49-3
    MMA Eliminator 7 and 9 Winner
    MMA-TF: 28-17-1 (former champ)

Quote Originally Posted by seki View Post
    Dredd 3D: 8/10

Nothing will ever replace the original in my heart, but this is just a better movie. In many ways, it's pretty cliched and predictable. 2 Judges are trapped in a tower, and are being hunted by the gangs within, being controlled by the gang on the top floor, which they must get to, in order to survive. Most things play out about how you'd expect, but in the end I didn't care because it was done well. It was a sci-fi, post-apocalyptic comic book adaptation, done on a budget, and it was good. It looked awful but opened to solid reviews, so I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did.

you just like rob schneider. admit it!
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

The Invisible Man (1932) - 7 of 10.

Another solid but simple film from the golden age of cinema complete with cautionary introduction and conclusion about the meddling of man in things which he should leave alone. Much simpler and less subtle than the book, but still with some turmoil and tension and some really fun looks at 1930s special effects and character acting. Short and fast-paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    The Invisible Man (1932) - 7 of 10.

Another solid but simple film from the golden age of cinema complete with cautionary introduction and conclusion about the meddling of man in things which he should leave alone. Much simpler and less subtle than the book, but still with some turmoil and tension and some really fun looks at 1930s special effects and character acting. Short and fast-paced.
    I'm guessing H.G. Wells is probably not high on Garth's list of favorite people

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Lawless

read some terrible reviews but this wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be.

i was entertained.

7/10

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

+ Reply to Thread