+ Reply to Thread
Page 964 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 464 864 914 954 962 963 964 965 966 974 1014 1064 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 11382

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw with no spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    So, no one has seen Zero Dark Thirty yet?
    hard to believe you haven't
    If Frank Mir had been in PRIDE he would be the GOAT

Patsox, watch django and zero dark thirty stat.

My intent In watching these movies lies in your reviews. I don't trust the critics ball washing of Quentin and Bigelow.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    You're an ass Pats. LMAO.

Such Great Heights

Doc about Jon Fitch and AKA leading up to his title fight against GSP. It was interesting, not really put together very well though but still was worth having on in the background while I got some paperwork for work finished. It's on netflix and if you are a Fitch fan I'd recommend it.
    couldn't think of the name of it to review but watched this on netflix a few weeks ago and even as a non-Fitch fan enjoyed the hell out of it.

Killer Joe

****ed up twisted white trash movie.

have been waiting my whole life to see Gina Gershon blow a KFC wing...

7/10

and then my buddies passed out and i had control of Netflix

Bobby the Brain Heenan

the best fuking ever.

period.

don't even need to rate this.

i hated this dude since i was 5 years old yet he was the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
    hard to believe you haven't
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    Patsox, watch django and zero dark thirty stat.

My intent In watching these movies lies in your reviews. I don't trust the critics ball washing of Quentin and Bigelow.
    Car's in the shop. I can't do crap right now. That's why I was hoping someone else had seen it

The Hobbit in 3D

story: 6/10
    visuals: 8.5/10

The Debt - 4.0
    Poor man's Munich, only with a slight twist (not a terribly interesting one, mind you), less action, more dialogue, less tension, and characters you have a hard time caring about. The acting in this wasn't anything to write home about, which might come as a shock when you take a look at the cast (Wilkinson, Mirren, Worthington, Chastain), but I blame the script. I was tempted to turn it off a few times towards the end, and the grueling fight scene at the end between Mirren and Christensen was hard to stomach (picture two 70-somethings fighting to death).

Cloud Atlas - 6.0
    Really ambitious (maybe too ambitious) film that never focuses on one character, and tries to link a large host of them and the overall message of the film, through a span of centuries. Hanks and Hugo Weaving are particularly good in this, shifting between good and evil roles, and it's really just a beautiful film to take in.

Unfortunately, this is just one of the many book adaptations that just doesn't translate well to film. It's about 3 hours long, and the pacing of the film can be a bit tiresome (especially at the beginning).

I couldn't recommend this one because of the length, but overall, it was a decent enough effort, but an HBO mini-series probably would have benefited the large intricate story more.

Up next: Ted, Killer Joe, The Hobbit, House At the End of the Street, Argo & The Expendables 2.
    Originally Posted by Baphomet3
    I literally cannot wait until you die

Originally Posted by jUrZiiRacist
    I hope everyone involved in this ****ing dies.

Originally Posted By CaveBear
    Die, all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooto View Post
    The Debt - 4.0
    Poor man's Munich, only with a slight twist (not a terribly interesting one, mind you), less action, more dialogue, less tension, and characters you have a hard time caring about. The acting in this wasn't anything to write home about, which might come as a shock when you take a look at the cast (Wilkinson, Mirren, Worthington, Chastain), but I blame the script. I was tempted to turn it off a few times towards the end, and the grueling fight scene at the end between Mirren and Christensen was hard to stomach (picture two 70-somethings fighting to death).

Cloud Atlas - 6.0
    Really ambitious (maybe too ambitious) film that never focuses on one character, and tries to link a large host of them and the overall message of the film, through a span of centuries. Hanks and Hugo Weaving are particularly good in this, shifting between good and evil roles, and it's really just a beautiful film to take in.

Unfortunately, this is just one of the many book adaptations that just doesn't translate well to film. It's about 3 hours long, and the pacing of the film can be a bit tiresome (especially at the beginning).

I couldn't recommend this one because of the length, but overall, it was a decent enough effort, but an HBO mini-series probably would have benefited the large intricate story more.

Up next: Ted, Killer Joe, The Hobbit, House At the End of the Street, Argo & The Expendables 2.
    The Debt is a remake. Ha Hov is the name of the original. Not sure how different they are but I hate ripoffs.

Django Unchained-5/5. In terms of acting performances you'll find it hard to find a better movie. Dicaprio, Samuel L. Jackson and Waltz are off the charts.

Paradise Lost Trilogy-Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ****. I watched all three of these back to back and my mind was blown. All other documentaries I watch will pale in comparison to this one. Seriously, easily the best doc I've ever seen with the massive amounts of footage and heart wrenching subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
    Paradise Lost Trilogy-Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ****. I watched all three of these back to back and my mind was blown. All other documentaries I watch will pale in comparison to this one. Seriously, easily the best doc I've ever seen with the massive amounts of footage and heart wrenching subject matter.
    yep, hands down the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooto View Post
    The Debt - 4.0

Cloud Atlas - 6.0

Do yourself a favor, skip that one.....fucking crap on a crap cracker

django unchained.

5/10.

Disappointed in Quentin. I had high hopes after inglorious bastards, but in this movie, he was just coasting with a great cast and a ****ty screenplay. If not for Leonardo's performance, this movie would get a lower rating.

Quentin's other revenge stories were intriguing, original, and edgy, but this movie was predictable, flat, and way too long. This movie cant even hold pulp fiction, resevoir dogs, inglorious basterds, kill bill's jock strap. what a shame.

+ Reply to Thread