+ Reply to Thread
Page 963 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 463 863 913 953 961 962 963 964 965 973 1013 1063 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,630 of 11738

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw with no spoilers.

So, no one has seen Zero Dark Thirty yet?

The reviews are off the charts. Best Picture and Best Actress for Jessica Chastain are what I'm hearing. This particular part of Peter Travers' review has me interested... Chastain is a marvel. She plays Maya like a gathering storm in an indelible, implosive performance that cuts so deep we can feel her nerve endings. Hollywood formula is out. No love story. No flag-waving. No politics. Just a look at people on a job where action defines character

Will be seeing this and Django real soon
    Last edited by PatSox; 12-23-2012 at 10:50 AM.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Threat Level Midnight.

Solid film by Micheal Scott.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Dark Shark Tudo

A chilling thriller about a man who, while out late searching for crab in the pacific, gets more than he bargained for
    Last edited by PatSox; 12-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.

This is 40. 6/10

I thought from the trailer this would be really funny but it's much more a drama than comedy, and too long (like 2:20). Instead of focusing on comedy ala the Knocked Up semi-prequel, this is a much more serious drama about tiring spousal relationships, broken dreams, dealing with parents as they age, relating to growing children, etc. Had some very funny moments, but they are situational and this is NOT a comedy based focus like most Judd Apatow movies. This is nothing like The 40 year old Virgin, Superbad, Anchorman and other comedies he has produced and/or written. Not terrible, but definitely not the hilarious movie I thought it could or would be.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

You're an ass Pats. LMAO.

Such Great Heights

Doc about Jon Fitch and AKA leading up to his title fight against GSP. It was interesting, not really put together very well though but still was worth having on in the background while I got some paperwork for work finished. It's on netflix and if you are a Fitch fan I'd recommend it.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

Hall Pass - 6.5/10

Pretty funny.... Nothing groundbreaking....

The Hobbit - 7.5/10 (viewed in 3D @ 48fps)

Technical Review: Most will notice some difference between traditional 24fps movies and The Hobbit when seen at 48 frames per second. The most common comment will be something along the lines of 'it looks like a soap opera', or similar. It's true, this frame rate is more commonly seen for footage filmed for TV, but that doesn't make it worse. I found the first ~5 minutes of the movie to be somewhat 'strange' to my eyes, as they adjusted to seeing this frame rate on such a large screen. The more discerning videophiles may notice a perceived lack of realism in CGI elements at this frame rate. While I can't claim to have noticed this myself, it's possible that CGI technology may need to step its game up at 48fps if the same level of realism is to be achieved. I believe that 5-10 years from now, we'll be well adjusted to viewing big budget films at higher frame rates (Avatar 2/3 at 60 anyone?), similar to how we now look back at SD in the wake of North American adoption of HD.
    If you truly want to note the differences between the frame rates, I recommend viewing at least one of the LotR movies on BluRay before going to the theatre.
    Note: you need to check to see which showtimes are playing the film at 48fps. Most multi-theatre locations have only upgraded some of their projectors at this point, so do your homework if you wish to see this as Peter Jackson intended it.

Film Review (Disclaimer - I have not read the book): Remember, this is another trilogy. Don't go in expecting full plot resolution at the end. This is long, but I didn't find it to feel as long as I expected. It's slow to start, but any true fans of the series (not me, admittedly) will really enjoy the character development. Even I found it to move along fast enough to keep my interest, albeit just barely. Once things get moving, it's an enjoyable epic with everything you'd expect from a 'followup' to LotR. If you're interested in the lore surrounding this universe, do yourself a favour and find a map of Middle Earth to browse before watching the movie. There's a lot of places visited, even in this first third of the story. I'll go to watch the next two installments with interest, and I would not have guessed that prior to seeing this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Supafly View Post
    There's no need to go Fox News on this shit, you fucking dildo.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    This is me vs you. One on Bum!

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    So, no one has seen Zero Dark Thirty yet?
    hard to believe you haven't

Patsox, watch django and zero dark thirty stat.

My intent In watching these movies lies in your reviews. I don't trust the critics ball washing of Quentin and Bigelow.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    You're an ass Pats. LMAO.

Such Great Heights

Doc about Jon Fitch and AKA leading up to his title fight against GSP. It was interesting, not really put together very well though but still was worth having on in the background while I got some paperwork for work finished. It's on netflix and if you are a Fitch fan I'd recommend it.
    couldn't think of the name of it to review but watched this on netflix a few weeks ago and even as a non-Fitch fan enjoyed the hell out of it.

Killer Joe

****ed up twisted white trash movie.

have been waiting my whole life to see Gina Gershon blow a KFC wing...

7/10

and then my buddies passed out and i had control of Netflix

Bobby the Brain Heenan

the best fuking ever.

period.

don't even need to rate this.

i hated this dude since i was 5 years old yet he was the best ever.

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

+ Reply to Thread